To serve the Lord and the body of Grace Covenant Church by assisting the development of the Grace Youth ministry by being a teacher, leader and mentor of the RISE middle school ministry.
What are we hoping for in our youth ministry?
- Students who love Jesus and have completely surrendered their lives to God.
- Students who know, understand and believe the Word of God.
- Students who desire to serve God.
- Students who have compassion for others and are interested in their salvation, feelings and needs.
- Students who have the courage to stand up for what is right even if it means loneliness or rejection.
- The Youth Associate will report to the Youth Pastor and Associate Youth Pastor. The three will work closely and spend regular, intentional time together. This is a great developmental position for someone who wants to learn a clear, unique and effective
ministry philosophy from experienced pastors in youth ministry.
- He will work alongside the Associate Youth Pastor in the weekly preparation for Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights in the RISE ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- For students: provide teaching in line with the unique DNA of Grace Covenant Church and the Grace Youth ministry. Creative, fun and challenging Bible teaching that addresses relevant cultural, sociological, ethical and spiritual issues. Help students learn
to ask, “What does the Bible say?”
- For parents: find opportunities for Grace to partner with parents to know and follow biblical principles. Work with the pastors to aid in the development of parenting skills.
- Shape and implement a shared vision and strategy to grow and strengthen the RISE ministry in alignment with the mission of Grace. Servant leaders at Grace are inspirational, relational and collaborative.
- Guide the RISE ministry in annual planning and ensure that the plan is implemented effectively and appropriately.
- Collaborate with the RISE adult leaders, utilizing their giftedness so that ministry is shared, enhanced and expanded.
- Oversee the stewardship of people and material resources in the RISE ministry, maximizing the investment of each person in the ministry.
- Promote to the congregation the value of investing in the lives of middle school students.
- Plan and execute events that effectively serve the values of the Grace Youth ministry.
- Lead the RISE spring break mission trip.
- Build strong leaders and effective teams in the RISE ministry.
- Proactively seek and build leaders according to their giftedness.
- Give direction to RISE leaders by clearly communicating vision and strategy.
- Recruit, challenge, train and develop people to become part of the RISE ministry.
- Meet with students and develop individual discipleship relationships.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
EMPLOYEE WILL HAVE:
- A disciplined life characterized by dependence upon God, faithfulness, openness, honesty, humility, consistency, teachability and courage.
- A deep understanding of and love for God’s Word.
- A passion to know God and make Him known in Austin and around the world.
- A strong and balanced work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that demonstrate a gracious approach to students, parents, volunteer leaders, and the pastoral and administrative staff.
- The ability to unite and lead students and adults.
- A thorough understanding of students’ experiences, our culture and how to communicate truth to students.
- A variety of strategies he can utilize to teach personal experiences (ex. drama, lecture, culturally relevant materials/visuals, movies, news, etc.)
- The ability to plan, coordinate, collaborate, organize, and ultimately implement camps, retreats and events with staff and leaders that reflect Biblical Truths to students.
- Physically fit in order to be prepared for the physical demands of the job.
- Candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a seminary or similar advanced degree.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, etc.)
- Candidate will have a history of ongoing personal development.
- Candidate will have a theological base shaped by conservative evangelical theology and fully agree with and be able to teach the church’s doctrinal statement and position papers.
- Full-Time with benefits including medical, dental, disability and life insurance coverage
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- The vision of the Grace Youth ministry is to produce students whose lives are characterized by love for God, compassion for people and commitment to the Bible as a testimony to the world of Jesus Christ.
- Grace Youth is committed to preparing middle school and high school students for life after high school. Our hope is that each student who graduates from our program is equipped to be a mature and faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- We believe God desires that they love the Lord with every facet of their souls and lives, that they are caring and compassionate towards those who are hurting, lost, and in need and that they are committed to the Word of God as the ultimate revelation of
Truth and Godly living.
- The goal of Grace Youth summer camps and winter retreats is to create immersive experiences that teach students the Truth about God in a memorable way. We produce our own camps/retreats based on the major epochs of Scripture (Patriarchs, United Kingdom,
Gospels, End Times, etc.) or Christian literature (The Screwtape Letters, Pilgrim’s Progress, etc.).
- Summer camp & winter retreat are two of the most important annual events in the Youth Ministry.
- We emphasize the importance of spring break mission trips for our middle school students (Bastrop, TX) and high school students (Houston, TX) each year. We also offer a bi-annual international mission trip for juniors and seniors in high school.
- Grace Covenant Church (grace360.org) is a vibrant and growing conservative evangelical church that emerged from a home Bible study in 1968. The first study was on the biblical covenants, culminating with the ”grace covenant” and so the name of this independent
- In 2014, the church celebrated its 45th year. Early pastors were Dick Flaten and Max Anders, followed by Jim Rose. Matt Cassidy became the fourth Senior Pastor in 2001, having served on the staff for 13 years in other positions, including 9 years as Youth
- Today, the community of Grace Covenant includes over 3,000 adult regular attenders.
- There are over 360 in the Children’s Ministry and 200 in the Grace Youth Ministry (6-12th grades).