Job Description for Worship Band Director (Part-time)
1. Demonstrate a passionate commitment for Christ and His Kingdom through personal spiritual
discipline and public ministry.
2. Seek to continually grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline,
education, accountability and service to His Kingdom.
1. Experience: At least 5 years of leading a congregation in public worship, with a commitment of
seeking opportunities to stay current, perhaps through further training.
2. Musical skills: Ability to play musical instrument(s) (e.g., keyboard, organ and piano) by ear and read
music. Also, an ability to hear read and teach (SATB) parts and worship concepts to a team of singers.
3. Education: At least 1 year of musical, biblical and ministry education at the collegiate level preferred.
1. Reports directly to the Minister of Music, Worship & Fine Arts.
2. Work with the Minister of Music Worship & Fine Arts to create a well outlined and executed music plan
for David Chapel worship services.
3. Oversee the development and function of the David Chapel Band (instrumentalists).
4. Schedule and facilitate all DC Band rehearsals
5. Serve as lead accompanist for choirs and soloists during worship services and scheduled
appearances outside of regular church services.
6. Provide musical accompaniment for David Chapel services, funerals, functions, events, and
engagements when necessary.
7. Perform a monthly instrument evaluation for repair or maintenance needs.
8. Select and obtain music and collaborate with Minister of MWFA for approval, keeping in mind sermon
topics and seasonal themes
9. Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
These styles must include traditional and contemporary worship music.
10. Attend all choir and group rehearsals requiring instrumental (e.g., keyboard, organ and piano)
accompaniment. The Musical Director should arrive proficient on all music being rehearsed and
11. Knowledge of and skilled in using software programs. (i.e. Protools, Logic, Main Stage, Ableton Live,
Pro Presenter, etc.)
12. Assist with choirs (when necessary)
13. Work with Media Ministry Leader with technical updates and weekly function.
14. Work with Media Ministry Leader to seek out new media tools and information that will prove
beneficial toward enhancing David Chapel services and events.
15. To oversee and coordinate the digital music repertoire storage for the DC Band (instrumentalists).
16. Assist with maintaining the Planning Center Online site.
17. Maintain the CCLI and/or similar license status.
18. Be responsible for enlisting and training participants for the DC Band (instrumentalists).
19. Oversee DC Band (instrumentalists) and assigned choir’s budget needs and recommendations to
the Minister of MWFA.
20. Conduct yearly in house workshops.
21. Attend Wednesday night or another David Chapel Bible study
22. Willingness to join the David Chapel church family and to act as a Spiritual Leader for the band and
23. Be in good standing at David Chapel (tithing and offering).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
David Chapel Missionary Baptist Church
David Chapel Missionary Baptist Church should be a prayerful, loving and tithing church with a heart for the community that shows its love for Christ by offering God’s hospitality, hope and healing to its members and others. More...