Portland Open Bible Church is searching for a youth pastor who knows they are called to minister to teenagers and not viewing youth ministry simply as a stepping stone to another position. Our church vision is, "To rescue young people from the world
and disciple all." Young people are our highest priority.
Submit resume, cover letter, recent photo, and video teaching teenagers to Jim Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proven spiritual maturity.
- Has successfully walked through tough times in and out of ministry situations.
- Is committed to be a doer of the Word and has a daily devotional life with God.
- 2 years serving as a youth pastor or key leader.
- Ability to teach God’s Word in an engaging way, on the level of teenagers.
- Experience with cross-cultural ministry.
- Someone with the heart of a missionary, as many teens in the church neighborhood are from Central America, Africa, and Asia.
- Hands-on experience in a successful evangelism program for teenagers.
- A strong Biblical foundation.
- An excellent communicator- with the Pastor and other staff, the congregation, and youth parents.
- An organized person who thinks and plans ahead with schedules, activities, calendar, etc.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Not change resistant.
- A team player.
- Youth ministry is a calling, not a stepping stone.
- A heart of compassion to see teenagers grow in Christ and faith in God’s Word.
- To be a timely person.
- Must set a godly example and have an excellent reputation in the community.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Must be a person where the fruit of the Spirit as stated in Galatians 5 is demonstrated.
- Be a part of the “All Hands on Deck” events for the church.
- Must possess a 100% teamwork mentality.
- Staff unity is expected at all times.
- As Youth Pastor, it is expected to be a help in any other ministry in the church
as needed-- we work together as a team at POBC.
- Always very aware of the surroundings at youth gatherings.
- A photograph of you and your spouse if married.
- Your resume with a cover letter explaining your interest and reasons for applying for this specific position.
- A link to a current (within 6 months) podcast or other video/audio footage of you teaching and interacting with teenagers.