Position Summary: The Campus Pastor will oversee the growth and development of our soon to be opened campus in Webster, TX. As an extension of New Hope Church, the Campus Pastor will be the “face of the place” in order to carry out the
mission, values, and DNA of the church.
- Spiritual Maturity: The Campus Pastor must meet the spiritual qualifications set forth in
1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Proven Leadership: The Campus Pastor must have previous experience serving as a leader in the local church. He must exemplify the servant nature of a Christian leader. He must be willing to help develop people, confront people, and hold
people accountable. The Campus Pastor must embody the core values of the church. They should be a self-starter who intuitively knows how to handle the leadership role. Some seasons they may need to be more pastoral while other seasons they
may need to be more strategic. They must know how to mentor individuals, create teams, put systems in place, handle conflict, as well as how to problem-solve when things are not going smoothly.
- Team Oriented: The Campus Pastor will serve as a team member of the NHC pastoral staff. He will be discerning as to how and where individuals fit in the larger community and then helps them find their way to a place of meaningful service.
New Hope is staff lead, but we are volunteer driven. Therefore, whether investing in the staff, building the area of spiritual formation, or growing the church the Campus Pastor must always be on the look-out for finding and developing new leaders
in the church.
- Relational Connector and Communicator: The Campus Pastor is the kind of person who enjoys meeting new people, building relationships, and drawing them into community. The Campus Pastor must be someone who can cast vision and engage people
in a variety of ways. Each week 5-10 minutes will be committed for announcements, prayer, and close during the service. This person must be able to hold the attention of the audience as well as give clear direction. In addition, this person will have opportunity
to infuse the New Hope DNA into every area of ministry through one-on-one contacts and staff meetings.
- Utility Player: The Campus Pastor will be able to perform a variety of necessary tasks within the life of the church. He will ensure quality on campus during weekend services, implement systems which move people to growth, communicate
vision and inspire people to action, develop leaders, teach classes or weekend lessons, as well as be able to care for individual needs of the members.
Campus Pastor Dutie
1. Over-all Campus
- Provide direction by upholding the mission, vision, and values of New Hope Church
- Invest in the campus staff
- Work with Centeral to anticipate growth and operational obstacles in order to find creative solutions
2. Daily Operations
- Report attendance, offering, and other key metrics
- Oversee budget and operational expenses
- Partner with Adminstrative Leaders to hire new staff
3. Weekend Service
- Observe all aspects of the weekend service in order to maintain excellence and quality
- Facilitate key elements of the service (welcome / announcements / transition / close)
- Be available to all ministry team leaders, volunters, and members
4. Spiritual Formation
- Oversee and implement LifeGroups by recruiting and training leaders
- Oversee and implement New Members class
- Help plan and organize Micro- Missions
5. Pastoral Care
- Perform Baptisms / Funerals / Weddings as needed
- Facilitate Baby Dedications / Graduations twice a year
- Counsel as needed
Bachelors’ Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college, or university. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work. Have excellent interpersonal skills and effective at problem solving. Is a strategic
thinker with strong leadership ability. Cost conscious and experience with budget preparation.
Certificates/ Licenses & Requirements:
- New Hope Church Membership
- Member of a LifeGroup
- Must be a baptized believer
- Regular giver
- Must attend one service with family (if applicable)
- Certificate of Ordination