Reports to: Creative Arts Director
Purpose: Produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor/worship leader wants
to convey, and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
1. A heart for worshiping God.
2. Be in good standings with the church and either be a member or attend regularly for at least six months.
3. Able to work in a team settings and take directions.
4. Has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment.
5. Have good communication/people skills.
6. Ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations.
7. Must have commitment to a local church Small Group.
8. Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
1. Set up stage for musicians.
2. Perform proper line check.
3. Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
4. Check with worship leader and pastor for schedule and any schedule changes.
1. Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
2. Responsible for following worship leader’s direction and musician’s direction during services.
3. Responsible for recording/re-mixing the service.
4. Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
5. Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
1. Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during service.
2. Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
3. Clear stage of equipment as needed.
1. Design and execute the stage set, which changes with each series.
2. Prepare audio click tracks.
3. Participate in creative process for service elements.
4. Participate in weekly creative team meetings.
5. Recruit and train volunteers for the audio ministry.
There is a lot of work required in the audio arena. The purpose of the above description is capturing the essence of what we do. A person who is willing to take on the role of sound tech based on this description should not have a problem with all the details
that go along with that work.