Located in a suburb of Sacramento, California, LifePointe is a non-denominational Christian Church. We believe the CAUSE of Jesus is to give us LIFE TO THE FULLEST and we RELENTLESSLY pursue POINTING people to this abundant joy-filled living. We preach
the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
LifePointe stands on the edge of exciting opportunities and anticipate God bringing tremendous growth in the near future (both spiritually and numerically).
LifePointe (www.lifepointe.org) was planted in February of 2003 through STADIA: New Church Strategies.
Whether you are fresh out of school or have been a Worship Director/Pastor for years, we are looking to find a person who will help take us to the next level in our worship arts and media ministry at LifePointe. We desire an individual who wants to provide
insight and input into helping carry out the vision of LifePointe. Currently, we have a group of about 30 musicians and media volunteers involved in worship ministry.
Summary of Expectations:
As the Worship Director/Pastor, you are responsible for overall development of the worship and media ministries of the church.
- Plan and coordinate song sets, creative elements, and service flow for the Sunday worship services that enhance the atmosphere, worship, and primary story we are telling each week.
- Manage and lead weekly rehearsals and ensure all worship arts elements are of high quality and that all team members are fully prepared for Sunday morning.
- Oversee the scheduling of the worship team including instrumentalists, vocalists, media and audiovisual.
- Expand the team by recruiting, engaging and bringing aboard new talent. (Both musical talent and media talent).
- Inspire team members by providing a strong, biblical approach to the spiritual development of the team.
- Maintain the health of the worship team with regular personal connection and encouragement.
- Oversee ministries of sound, lights, media and video.
- Oversee the updating of Media: website, videos used in worship, podcasts, etc
- Plan for future equipment needs and priorities.
- Elevate the “Sunday morning experience” by staying in tune with worship arts best practices.
Key Abilities and Attributes
- Able to competently lead worship on guitar and sing well.
- Be familiar with and comfortable with the current style of songs we play: For example: Elevation Worship, Hillsong / Hillsong United, Kristian Stanfill, Passion (268 Generation), Jesus Culture (Bethel Church), All Sons and Daughers, Rend Collective, Jeremy
Riddle, Phil Wickham, etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of sound equipment (and / or can learn what you don't know)
- Willing to learn our lighting system
- Have knowledge about or willing to learn about stage/spacial/set design, etc
- Have knowledge about or willing to learn about Media Production (video editing, video announcements, etc)
- Familiarity with Planning Center Online and Pro Presenter recommended
What we’re looking for in Worship Director/Pastor:
Daily connection, devotion & love for the Lord
A people encourager
Ability to develop & strengthen community
Clear and effective communication
Willing to resolve conflict
Attention to detail
Organize and keep schedule, appointments, etc.
Able to make and execute plans
Complete tasks in timely fashion
Bachelors or more preferred but not necessary
Salary Range: Negotiable - depending on experience, education, family size, etc. In addition to salary, full medical and dental coverage for entire family is provided.
To apply for this position, all candidates must submit a resume and other pertinent information to: email@example.com
Any resumes sent to LifePointe Christian Church through any other channels
will NOT be considered. (ie: churchstaffing, staff members emails, etc, etc).
Do you want to stand out from other potential candidates?????
Then provide as much of the following information as possible with your resume.
- Include a cover letter with a clear explanation of WHY you are interested in our position and why you think it might be a good fit/match .
- The more media samples you provide LifePointe the better. Include video of you leading worship. Let us know if they are posted on YouTube, vimeo, a church websites, etc. Also include any video clips you have created, websites created
or maintained, any graphics arts projects completed, video announcements you created or produced, etc. (Note: you can ask
firstname.lastname@example.org to join your dropbox folder, etc or other if needed).
- In addition to video of you leading worship, ALSO provide video of you singing a few worship songs while playing a guitar (NO BAND!). We want to see a couple of “un-produced” and “raw” examples of you and your craft in a solo / acoustic
setting. It is best to delay your submission to us until you have created these.
- If you know your Myers-Briggs, DiSC or Strengths Finder results or any other personality profiles, include that as well.
- Visit our webpage (www.lifepointe.org) and click on the “DOCS” box at the bottom right hand corner of the webpage. Then click on
“LifePointe Worship Media Director Pastor QUESTIONNAIRE for CHURCH STAFFING 2015”. We think this document will help answer a lot of questions you might have and give you a bit of a “feel” for the church and music ministry.
Our vision is huge and the opportunities to grow and develop as a leader are enormous. We have a great staff, elders and church and are looking for just the right person who has a servant’s heart and who wants to help LifePointe accomplish God’s vision for
this church. Do you feel like you might be that individual? After carefully considering what is desired for the position and after an investigation of our congregation, IF you are interested in the position, please email a resume, cover letter and other relevant
information (see above) to email@example.com .
ONLY SUBMIT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org