The Worship Leader is to provide sound biblical leadership and Spirit led direction in the areas of worship by developing an inviting and worshipful atmosphere where people can meet and experience the presence of God; and by leading the congregation in their
personal growth with the Lord through creative worship.
Qualifications and Training
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Seeks after and follows the leading of the Holy Spirit in his or her personal life.
- A calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and the ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalist, and musicians.
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Able to work with chord charts, sheet music and/or guitar tabs and explain it to the team members.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of Worship Ministry.
- Basic knowledge of sound, video, lighting, audio recording.
- Formal musical and leadership training would be a plus, but not necessary.
- A person of integrity in all relationships.
- Compatibility with the doctrine of the Arvada Church of God.
- Support the mission and vision of the church.
- Relational skills with an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Friendly and engaging with others on the worship team and congregation.
- The ability to bring out the best in the team members.
- The ability to maintain a schedule for him or herself and the worship team members.
- The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently.
- Must have strong vocal skills
- Must have a teachable heart.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Recruit and build a Worship Team.
- Lead an efficient and well organized weekly rehearsal for the Worship Team.
- Strengthen the individuals on the team by helping them grow in their spiritual formation.
- Utilize a mix of new, current, local and traditional songs staying current on the trends in worship music.
- Discuss weekly the teaching themes with the Lead Pastor to coordinate the worship service with the messages.
- Plan the weekly worship service being mindful of the people and their needs both spiritually and culturally.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate regularly how these goals have been achieved or need to be modified.
- Train and mentor others to lead the worship for the worship service.
- Communicate with the Lead Pastor on a regular basis to maintain an open and trust-based working relationship.
- Work in a team relationship with the media and sound technicians.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as well as in other Church related activities.
- Establish a creative planning team to design worship services and events.
- Participate in the shared life, personal growth, and accountability of the members of the congregation.