FOWLER CHRISTIAN CHURCH
A NEW PERSPECTIVE/ A DEEPER JOURNEY/ A LIFE TOGETHER
Family Ministries Pastor - Job Description
Church Size: 250-300
Reports to: Lead Minister and Elders
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Fowler Christian Church, a healthy, growing contemporary church in Fowler, Indiana, has identified children, youth and family ministry as being critical to its overall ministry. This new position will be responsible for building a sustainable and flourishing
culture that will embrace families with children from birth to 12th grade.
- Must possess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as your Savior.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in Christian Education or other Christian faith-based related field. Children’s training is preferred. Will consider a combination of applicable education and relevant work experience.
- A passion to create an environment for spiritual growth in children and students.
- Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of experience developing Christian-based programs in a church or similar environment; however, will consider recent graduates.
- Experience selecting age-appropriate program material such as books, videos and music.
- Experience coordinating/organizing day outreach events.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and connect relationally with church staff, parents, children and youth.
- Possess the ability to build strong relationships with others, including the ability to recruit and develop a team of volunteer leaders.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule. Sunday is considered a work day.
- Possess demonstrated organizational skills and work in a team environment.
Spheres of Influence:
1. Ministry of children on Sunday.
The Pastor will manage all aspects of the children’s ministry from birth through 6th grade. He/she will provide leadership, vision, direction, and a safe environment for this ministry. The job functions include: Overseeing volunteers, developing a new
Sunday morning celebration environment and small group activities, budgeting and planning.
2. Oversight of Jr. and Sr. High Youth.
The Pastor will oversee and work with existing leaders of the junior and senior high youth groups in order to maintain and grow the youth ministry program.
3. Outreach events for children to invite community friends.
The Pastor should have a heart for outreach. Children love to invite their friends to great events. This job will require the ability to organize age-specific special events outside of Sunday that children will want to invite their friends to and be a
part of themselves.
4. Coordination of family discipleship events.
The Pastor will develop opportunities to minister to the families of the church through multiple, programmatic touch points. The goal would be to help parents feel equipped in the spiritual formation of their children. Examples might include: Take home
papers for family discussion on Sunday, occasional parenting seminars, small groups for parents with similar parenting challenges, etc.
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter detailing previous ministry experience and how it has prepared you for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.