Pastor of Mission
Position Description: The Pastor of Missions will work under the direction of the Pastor of Ministries.
Primary Function: The Minister of Missions is responsible for planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive program of mission involvement for the members of the church.
Duties Related to Missions:
- Serve as the chairman of the mission leadership team (Acts 1:8) and work closely with the committee in balancing traditional missions with expanded outreach and new approaches - oversee the execution of the goals and plans of the missions committee.
- Promotion of annual mission offerings: March – North American Missions; May – Church Directed Missions; September – State Missions; December – International Missions.
- Facilitate mission projects and short-term mission trips. Give general administrative leadership to all lay led mission projects and trips.
- Challenge, motivate and recruit church members for involvement in missions.
- Provide for assimilation of home assignment missionaries that stay in the mission house, into the life of the congregation.
- Assist in the development and administer the annual mission’s budget.
- Ensure active communication, oversight, support for and pastoral care for church supported missionaries.
- Participate in church sponsored mission trips and encourage other staff members to participate and assist other staff and members in organizing projects and programs.
- Encourage new ideas and ministries that will stimulate the mission vision of the church.
10. Guide the long range planning of the church missions program..
- 11. Ensure active communication between the mission pastor and the church. Teaching and preaching on missions.
- 12. Identify, develop, and counsel potential mission candidates in the church.
- 13. Accept other assignments as made by the Pastor of Ministries.
General Ministerial Duties
- Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries including administer ordinances, conduct religious worship services, perform marriages, conduct funerals and visit the sick.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the Missions Ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.