Position Description: The Pastor of Family Ministries will work under the direction of the Pastor of Ministries.
Serves the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive Family Ministry for the church and providing leadership to volunteers involved in this ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an educational ministry for young and middle age adults that brings health and wholeness to family.
- Develop ABF classes and groups as needed for Family Ministry.
- Provide fellowship events and retreats for young and middle age adults in the church.
- Teach in the ABF Program.
- Provide two parenting seminars per year in partnership with the Preschool, Children, and Youth Pastor
- Provide an annual marriage conference/retreat for couples in the church.
- Give total leadership for an annual church wide family retreat.
- Promote a program of leadership development that equips and empowers young and middle age married adults for service in the church providing them with appropriate resources and literature.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluation progress regularly.
10. Develop and conduct advance publicity and promotion for family ministries.
11. Recommend needs of space, materials and policies to enhance the work with young and middle age adults.
12. Prepare and administer the appropriate budget categories.
13. Accept other assignments as made by the Pastor of Ministries.
General Ministerial Duties
- Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries including administer ordinances, conduct religious worship services, perform marriages, conduct funerals and visit the sick.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the Family Ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.