YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Youth Pastor ("YP")
Responsible to: Lead Pastor ("LP")
Manages: Youth Group
The YP is responsible for overseeing the vision and mission of Cornerstone’s youth ministry. This man will serve as a key member of the leadership team, helping execute the vision of Cornerstone and ensuring excellent implementation of its overall ministry
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
I. Youth Group Leadership and Direction: the YP will provide direct oversight and leadership of the youth ministry
i. The YP will be responsible to execute the vision and mission of Cornerstone in the area of youth ministry, including:
1. Attending all youth group events and activities;
2. Attending at least one weekend worship service on a rotational basis with an eye toward interacting and engaging youth group students and their families and inviting them to youth functions;
3. Acting as the primary teacher during the main youth group meeting;
4. Training and overseeing volunteer youth leaders;
5. Facilitating and leading CORE meetings; and
6. Facilitating and leading a weekly student life group;
ii. The YP will be responsible to develop a youth ministry built on discipleship:
1. By teaching and modeling principles of disciple-making;
2. By encouraging students to put discipleship into practice; and
3. By coaching teen to teen ministry
iii. The YP will ensure that the youth ministry will strengthen the families of our church:
1. By recruiting parent leaders when possible and appropriate;
2. By investing in the entire family of youth aged individuals; and
3. By planning regular family activities.
II. Youth Group Administration: the YP will providedirect administration of the youth ministry
i. The YP will be responsible to execute the administrative duties in furtherance of the youth ministry, including:
1. Oversight of the youth group budget;
2. Emailing students and parents;
3. Maintaining volunteer database and clearances;
4. Coordinating and planning youth group activities and trips, such as the beach retreat, monthly events, etc.;
5. Planning the calendar of events and the speaking schedule;
6. Tracking attendance and follow-up with students; and
7. Maintaining social media outlets for youth group.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
I. A man who has a teachable heart, is able to conduct himself humbly yet confidently, and is a committed Christian who desires to be a regular participant in the life of Cornerstone Church;
II. The spiritual gifts of shepherding, teaching, leadership, and administration, with a clear biblical understanding of the role of administration in the life of the church;
III. Demonstrated capacity to build and lead teams in a complex management environment built on decision making by consensus;
IV. Proven ability to build relationships in a diverse environment that will result in people enthusiastically investing their time, talent, and treasure in the vision and mission of the church;
V. Proven ability to engage and excite youth-aged teens from all sectors of life and diversity of backgrounds and interests;
VI. Skilled in computer systems and software, including word processing and electronic communication; and
VII. Flexible schedule to accommodate activities in evenings and weekends, including Board Meetings (as requested), staff meetings, and church events.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The YP reports to the LP, who will conduct an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Board. The YP will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Compensation will be a fixed salary based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Health insurance benefits will be offered.
Application for Job:
In order to apply for this position, please submit your resume, at least three references, at least two letters of recommendation, and a cover letter, to email@example.com. The cover letter should address why you are interested in this position
as well as your salary requirements.