Glad Tidings Assembly of God, East Peoria IL is seeking a full-time Pastor of Children's Ministry who will direct and oversee all children's ministry efforts. Compensation is commensurate with experience, skills/gifts, and education.
• provide the organization, structure, and tools for all children's ministry section leaders
• train volunteers for serving in the children's ministry
• be responsible for the efforts to lead children and families closer to Jesus Christ
• consult with the leadership and oversee curriculum options that will enhance the children's ministry
• oversee all children's ministry programming and events and coordinate all child-care needs
• provide leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children's Ministry staff
• implement and develop programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
• bachelor's degree (preferred), preferably in a related field
• minimum of 3 to 5 years of church staff experience (preferred)
• proven track record of strategically planning, executing, and managing a growing and dynamic children's ministry, as well as experience developing teams of volunteer leaders who are equipped to run a weekly, thriving children's ministry
• a collaborative leadership style and exceptional communication skills, both inter-personally and speaking to large groups of all ages
• the ability to lead, in both functional and operational programs, in a team-based leadership environment
• alignment with the Assemblies of God in practice and doctrine