This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministries Director/Pastor
Calvary Baptist Church
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 03/05/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry (SONshine Place) Director/ Pastor who will be empowered with leadership for all aspects of SONshine Place: teacher and leadership training, scope and sequence, relevant engaging communication of God’s Word in age specific ways and overall ministry direction. You will be responsible for planning and implementing the Children’s Sunday education and worship aspects for multiple Sunday services, as well as the mid-week program and other special services and programs. You should be prepared to manage the spiritual, education and administrative sides of a multi-faceted established children’s ministry.
You will report to the Executive Pastor and work cooperatively with a gifted church leadership team under the direction of the Elder Board. You will mobilize and train those who desire to use their various gifts and talents to serve the body and glorify the Lord. In general, you will provide leadership for a talented and creative children’s ministry team.
Calvary Baptist Church is a growing North American Baptist Church with approximately 700 family units in attendance. We are an established 100 year-old church that is determined to become less complex by embracing a more simplified ministry emphasis of Worshiping God, both individually and corporately, Growing in Christ by maturing in the Word, connecting with others and sharing your faith, and Serving in the Spirit by exercising your God-given spiritual gifts and abilities at Calvary, in Lehigh Valley and in the world. We have multiple worship services on Sunday as well as a fully developed mid-week children's program, that includes AWANA ministry. CBC would like to initiate a Daycare program soon after moving into its new campus.
Are you passionate to teach and lead others to help children from birth to Grade 5 learn about God, find Him as Savior and Lord of their life and grow in His image? Do you possess a strong reliance on God and a heart for children and their parents? Are you known for seeking excellence in your ministry to the Lord? Do you have a godly, relaxed, natural, confident presence? Do you have a personal passion for taking Children's Ministry to the next level? Most importantly, do you have a clear calling from the Lord to lead Children's Ministries?
Qualifications: The Children's Ministry Director/Pastor should
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• Meet the spiritual qualifications for elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9 (with the exception of gender.)
• Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative.
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable.
• Be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching, leadership and administration.
• Possess childhood educator and administrative skills.
• Have the ability to recruit, select, and equip volunteers & develop leaders.
• Have experience overseeing, sustaining and developing faithful, effective teams with leadership and organizational gifts.
• Sense God’s calling to lead SONshine Place.
• Have an undergraduate, or preferably a Master’s degree, that includes courses from an accredited evangelical bible college or seminary (those still in pursuit of degree will be considered.)
• Have at least five years of children's ministry experience in a large, multi-staffed church.
• Possess a working knowledge of all aspects of children's education, including advances with current audio, video and technology tools.
• Have the ability to teach God’s Word effectively and accurately.
Success will be achieved when:
• Personal, spiritual, & professional growth is regularly and aggressively pursued.
• The vision and philosophy of SONshine Place has been, and continues to be, communicated, and a structure and strategy has been implemented and continually improved.
• There is development, oversight, and training of all levels of leadership within SONshine Place.
• There are demonstrable effects of changed lives and deepening relationships with Jesus Christ at all levels of leadership in SONshine Place.
• God's creativity is routinely celebrated through creative Bible teaching, worship, and service to God.
• The reputation of SONshine Place throughout CBC is overwhelmingly positive and all levels of SONshine Place are supported by children's parents without reservation.
• There is demonstrable commitment to safety and the prevention and risk reduction of any form of child abuse.
• New children and their parents are rapidly contacted and visits to schools to encourage children are regularly accomplished with demonstrable effect.
• A CBC Daycare program is established and operational.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor are done with excellence and in glory to God.