Student Pastor Job Description
Ground Rules for Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to:
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references (preferably recent employers) No references will be contacted without candidate’s approval.
E. (Optional) Electronic example of message/sermon (could be a link)
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application via E-MAIL ONLY and notify applicant of future steps
Receiving resumes for 30 day period. Prior applicants do not need to re-apply.
Fellowship Community Church is seeking a cutting edge full time Student Pastor for our middle school, high school and college students at the Salem Campus. Fellowship Community Church is one church with many locations. The right candidate will have a passion
for our youth and the specific calling to lead them to a closer relationship to God. Key requirements for this position:
- Ministry should be grounded in scripture
- Weekly large group and small group teaching
- Developing leaders and budgets
- Leading the FCC Student Ministry Team and act as a coach for our Southwest and North Campus Student Directors
- Self-motivated staff pastor
- Out-going fun loving, team player.
- Minimum ministry experience of at least three years of youth pastor experience.
The Student Pastor is responsible for the overall development and implementation of reaching and discipling middle school, high school, and college students utilizing the three purposes of FCC:
- Equip Student Programming Director along with adult leadership, a youth band, vocal team, tech team, and other ministry teams that are needed to support student worship
- Teach on and facilitate an environment that encourages youth to experience God’s presence.
- Work with Student Programming Director to facilitate an environment that encourages students to experience God’s Presence
- Develop a thriving small group ministry for students. This includes curriculum selection in conjunction with leadership team.
- Provide 1 on 1 and/or short term small groups to disciple new believers.
- Coordinate at least 1 annual winter retreat
- Provide ministry opportunities in the community and church where students can utilize their giftedness for Kingdom work. This will include providing a list of service opportunities on Sunday morning (Worship one, Serve one) including but not limited to
ushers, greeters, tech team and children’s ministry.
- Have and ongoing process whereby students are taught about spiritual gifts.
- Coordinate “big events” to reach un-churched youth on their turf. (D-now, 5th quarter, retreats, summer camp, Winter Retreats, )
- Visit regularly the various schools for lunches, school events, sporting events, etc.
- Train and allow practice for students to utilize various methods of evangelism such as “cold calls”, relational, testimonies, servanthood, etc.
- Provide an annual trip that will rotate between local, North American, and foreign missions.
- To baptize our students at church wide baptisms.
- Budget-Works with youth leadership in planning, implementing, and submitting an annual budget to Management Team.
- Leadership development-A high priority of each staff member is to recruit, train and develop college students and adults in student ministry planning and implementation. Meeting with this group of lay leaders is to be at least monthly.
- Accountability-The Student Pastor reports to the Spiritual Growth Pastor on a day-to-day basis and to the Pastor & Elders in annual reviews.
- Parents-Have at least one quarterly parents meeting to inform and share details as to what is taking place in the student ministry. Implementing Faith at Home practices throughout all areas of student ministry including but not limited
to providing periodic seminars for parents to help them develop parenting skills, communication skills with teens, etc.
- Local Association-Seek to coordinate with other Roanoke Valley SBC like-minded youth groups in the area for periodic events such as retreats, Disciple Now weekends, etc.
- Administrative Assistant help-This will be provided as needed for brochures, mailings, and other duties as needed. Will do calendaring for events and vehicle usage through secretary and master calendar of church.
- Attendance & records-Will keep accurate records of professions of faith, baptisms, small groups, etc.
- Other duties- As assigned by supervisor