Want to join a staff team aiming to make impact on the lives of students and their families? We aim to become a movement of disciples radically committed to loving others for the glory of God. Join a strong core leadership team with opportunity to lead and
be mentored in the area of student ministry. Below is the job description. Email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students (grades 6-12)
- Build a consistent, relational contacting ministry with students
- Develop and implement a discipleship strategy for students around the larger Community Church discipleship model (Connect. Grow. Serve. Repeat.)
- Oversee the teaching emphasis to middle and high school students.
- Train student leaders for their own personal ministry to peers.
- Lead and partner with adult volunteers to accomplish the vision of student ministries.
- Train and shepherd adult volunteers:
- In the vision and ministry model of Student Ministries
- To have a personal contacting ministry with students
- For participation and leadership in weekly youth meetings
- Recruit skilled and teachable adult leaders for student ministry
- Develop and maintain consistent communication with parents around student ministry developments.
- Help equip parents in their role as primary spiritual influencers in their children’s lives (i.e. Legacy Path).
- Provide classes and workshops that help parents become the primary spiritual influencers. (ex. Technology how-tos)
- Oversee all program aspects of Student Ministry (grades 6-12)
- Lead and participate in retreats and trips
- Summer Trips: Manage and Oversee the 3 year cycle of rotating locations.
- Year 1: Cross Cultural
- Year 2: Adventure Trip
- Year 3: Racial Awareness and Understanding
- School Year: Manage and Oversee all other retreats and mission’s emphases.
- Fall Kick off
- Winter Retreat: Snowblast
- Day Trips for Outings (Great America, Mall, etc.).
- Oversee the formation and communication of the student ministry calendar
- Oversee fund-raising activities for trips and big projects (pizza, coffee, others)
- Manage and maintain Student Ministry website page, FB presence, and other electronic communication.
- Manage bus utilization by students and other ministries (both inside and outside the church). Note: SMD must get and maintain proper CDL license.
- Provide help and resources for Community Club (special needs teens)
- Participate in weekly CCPD meetings and team development
- Be involved in weekly all staff meetings and communicate student ministry updates
- Submit an annual budget proposal to the Management Team
- Provide general assistance for other pastoral needs.
- Provide pastoral counseling as needed to families of youth and their parents.
- Provide on-call assistance for emergencies and hospital calls