Senior Pastor Job Description
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Reports To: Board of Elders
Supervises: Pastoral Staff
Qualification: A minimum of 5 years as a Lead Pastor Required
The Senior Pastor is to be the visible, visionary, spiritual leader of the congregation,
helping it to accomplish God’s direction and purposes and reasons for being through
preaching, teaching, shepherding, developing leaders, training, and example.
A. Live a Godly and spirit filled life in accordance with the virtues found in 1Timothy 3: 1-
7 and Titus 1: 5-9.
B. He shall be in agreement with the EFCA Doctrinal Statement.
C. Be in agreement with the Constitution and By-Laws of Kenosha Bible Church.
D. Be credentialed by the EFCA or be pursuing credentialing.
A. Biblical Preaching and Teaching
1. Provide spirit-led preaching from God’s Word at worship services.
2. Spend appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in order to ensure
quality in personal spiritual life and the ministries of preaching and
teaching. Acts 6:4
3. Use creative approaches to connect scriptural principles to people’s lives
at all levels of spiritual maturity.
4. Teach or arrange for special seminars, classes, and retreats.
1. Demonstrates the ability to work well with and lead teams of people,
leading by example including encouraging and edifying others.
2. Develop vision and goals for church in conjunction with Elder Board
and Pastoral Staff and lead the church in the fulfillment of its vision
3. Communicate vision and build church unity by motivating the body to
actively support a common purpose and direction.
4. Lead the monthly Iron Sharpens Iron (ISI) meetings of the elders.
C. Training and Development
1. To personally oversee the annual goal setting of each pastoral staff team
member in his/her areas of responsibility and to provide regular reviews
and an annual review based upon these mutually agreed ministry and
personal development goals.
2. As a servant leader, build a climate of teamwork, accountability, and
growth within the KBC family
3. To foster a culture to develop, train and mentor lay leaders, staff
4. The pastor will maintain a personal development plan to be shared with
D. Discipleship and Evangelism
1. To promote the ministry of evangelism by personal example and
intentional pastoral invitation when appropriate.
2. To train, motivate and participate with the congregation in evangelistic
ministry both locally and globally.
3. To lead the congregation into a life of service and prayer in cooperation
with the Elder Board.
4. Model and maintain a culture of discipleship in the congregation.
1. Demonstrates a relational style that is friendly, encouraging, and
2. He shall, with the Elder Board and the other staff, be responsible to see
that the sick, shut-ins, hospitalized and needy are visited.
3. He shall see to it that all church staff counseling shall be done Biblically
and ethically and make referrals to Christian counselors as needed.
4. To be available with the pastoral staff and elders to serve at weddings,
funerals, baptisms, Lord’s Table.
1. Foster loving relationship with the church staff.
2. Coordinate all worship services with the Worship Pastor.
3. Attend all Elder Board, staff and congregation meetings.
4. Lead and guide all members of the pastoral staff. Responsible to
ensure that all staff—pastors, directors, and, through the executive
ministry assistant the support staff—fulfill the requirements of their
G. Community / Denominational Involvement
1. To develop relationships with other pastors, churches, and Christian
ministries in the community, seeking cooperation when feasible.
2. Participate in Forest Lakes District and/or National EFCA conferences.
3. Look for outreach and service opportunities in the community.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Senior Pastor - Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church - San Diego, CAAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 26
- Muskegon, Michigan
- October 26
Lead PastorGreater Portland Bible Church
- Portland, Oregon
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Kenosha Bible Church
The mission of KBC is "To Know HIM & Make HIM Known Together." We believe that the most important decision in a person's life is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for us and rose again and to commit our lives to follow him. The way that we fulfill our mission is to equip people to know the Bible and what it says about following Christ, to show mercy to those around us, and to reach out to our community with good deeds and the message of following Christ.More...