The Associate Pastor, Campus Ministries, is charged with directing Main Street's ministries and volunteers as we engage the Campbell County junior high and high school campuses and the campus of Northern Kentucky University for the sake of the gospel of
The service description is as follows:
A. Associate Pastor Responsibilities
- Recruit, lead, equip, and maintain a Lead Team of adult and young adult leaders to assist in any and all campus-centered activities. Work with the Young Adult Lead Team to regularly evaluate Main Street’s campus-centered strategies and processes.
- Assist in developing and deploying a strategy to engage families in preparing their children to be spiritually “Life/University” ready.
- Plan and oversee Bible study groups designed to disciple and spiritually grow persons engaged in campus life (middle school to college).
- Implement an ongoing evangelism process targeted to those experiencing campus-centered life (middle school to college).
- Plan, organize, and oversee camps or mission trips as a part of an ongoing emphasis directed at a mission-centered, discipleship-based lifestyle.
- Coordinate consistent opportunities to engage students in regular ministry through Main Street.
- Create opportunities for disconnected students to engage congregational life and work.
- Provide appropriate referrals for crisis counseling situations.
- Provide an Annual Budget Proposal to the Stewardship Team for “on campus” related, and Main Street based ministries.
- Meet on a weekly basis with MSBC staff as directed.
Associate Pastor, Campus Ministries will be directly supervised by the Senior Pastor and the Elder team.
C. Position Minimum Requirements
Education: Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree is preferred
Experience: 1-2 years preferred
Employment Status: Full-time, work-for-hire, exempt
Beginning Salary: $ 53,500
Certain expenses incurred by the employee while working may be reimbursable through the church budget including but not limited to mileage, conferences, continuing education, travel, etc.
2 weeks annually (see employee manual for schedule)
Employer contribution in a 403(b) through Guidestone Financial Resources with the option of an Employee Salary Reduction Agreement to increase amount contributed. (see employee manual for schedule of employer contributions)
Life & Disability insurance provided (see employee manual for eligibility)
1 week annually may be taken for leading of a revival or participating in an approved conference OR 1 week annually may be taken for participating or leading an international mission trip.