Trinity United Methodist Church is a courageous community of faith that is committed to expanding the circle of God’s love and turning faith into action. Located in a new and growing neighborhood of Lincoln, NE, we are building relationships with our neighbors
and inviting them to explore their faith and put God’s love into action with us. We are currently seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to lead these outreach ministries.
The Outreach Coordinator will:
- develop and lead the Trinity community in relational outreach that connects with those outside our congregation and invites them into a life of faith;
- utilize networking, social media, and promotional tools for outreach to the Lincoln area;
- direct the care of guests from their initial contact through their engagement as active members, connecting them to experiences through which they can deepen their understanding and practice of their faith;
- develop and nurture a volunteer team of leaders that is instrumental in implementation of this ministry.
This position is 30 hours a week and requires flexible hours, including occasional weeknights and Sunday mornings. Health insurance, vacation, sick leave and other benefits are available.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a contagious faith and a commitment to one’s own spiritual journey, passion for seeing others grow in faith, and an affinity with the values and beliefs of a progressive United Methodist congregation.
- A demonstrated commitment to and experience with faith formation and relational outreach
- Excellent relational skills and the ability to develop personal and community connections
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in program development, recruitment/leading of volunteers, and program evaluation
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed listening skills
- Proficiency with Social Media and promotional tools as a means of outreach to the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
Email the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references