COVINGTON CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Covington Christian Church is a non-denomination church located in Covington, Ohio. Our Sunday morning attendance averages 80 which has increased by 40% in the last two years and is continuing to grow each month. We are made up of young, old, married, and single and have an increasing number of families with young children. Excitingly we have baptized 18 people in the last two years. We are looking for a full-time pastor who has their heart set on God and is passionate about making disciples and reaching the lost through his bride; the church.
To provide pastoral leadership that assists the development of Covington Christian Church’s vision and mission. To provide leadership that ensures the church body is equipped to love God, love people, and to reach our world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Lead Pastor Shall:
- Engage in personal prayer an study of the scripture that leads not only to spiritual growth for self but also for the entire church community.
- Lead, shepherd, collaborate, and plan life ministry within the church that ensures the mission of the church is being accomplished. (Intimate Worship / Intentional Discipleship / Purposeful Mission).
- Develop the congregation as a ministering community that cares for one another and a missional body reaches outside the church walls for Christ.
- Lead, equip, and provide accountability for the ministry staff and teams as they carry out the vision of the church. This includes oversight of all hired employees, participation with the deacons, and council.
- Preach and teach the gospel through weekly sermons.
- Fulfill other duties of the pastor office: communion, baptisms, weddings, funerals, membership classes.
NECESSARY ATTITUDES, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The Lead Pastor must possess:
- The scriptural qualifications of the position as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
- A proven track record as a pastoral leader. Being team oriented.
- The ability to cast a God-given kingdom vision and lead individuals and teams toward that vision.
- The ability to effectively lead and manage all staff and ministry team to accomplish the church’s vision.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and flexible demeanor.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in all areas of pastor leadership.
- Christian character and Christ-like attitude.
- Competency to fulfill the purpose and professional responsibilities of this position.
- The attitude of a life-long learner with a teachable attitude.
- A heart to embrace the people of Covington Christian Church and the surrounding community.
The Lead Pastor will:
- Communicate regularly with the Church Moderator and Council as to the health of the church, upcoming events, and needs of the church. Attending the monthly meeting and submitting a pastor’s report.
- Communicate regularly with the Board of Deacons to examine the health of the church body, overview and make decisions concerning Sunday worship services, discuss the needs and how they can be met of members within the congregation.
- Work with other teams as needed to ensure the achievement of our churches mission and vision.
- Ensure that church finances, polices, procedures, support staff, facilities, and other operations are positioned to carry out the vision. Demonstrating integrity in personal life as well as church life.
- Work with the Church moderator in the hiring/firing of support staff as needed.
- Seek regular input from staff, church board, and other ministry team leaders.
- Direct all day to day organizations.
- Contemporary Worship started last year and is seeing great success
- Children’s Church
- Mid-week Children’s programming
- Small Groups
- Missions Trips (Locally, Nationally, Internationally)
- Heavily involved in the community
Full-time salary package negotioable based on experience
Please send Resume’s too:
Covingtonchristian1837@gmail.com or Jyoung29@woh.rr.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorFull Gospel Assembly
- Winter Park, Florida
- October 1
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church
- Okanogan, Washington
- September 30
Community Church of East Williston - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- East Williston, New York
- September 23
EvFree Fullerton - Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Fullerton, California
- September 23
Senior PastorGrace Chapel
- Ballston Lake, New York
- September 22
Covington Christian Church
We are a multi-generational church with people from diverse backgrounds and levels of church experience coming together at Covington Christian (CCC) who desire to know Jesus in a deeper way. We are a church family committed to raising up another generation of faithful Christ-followers through contemporary worship, relevant biblical teaching, and authentic relationships with one another that extend beyond Sunday mornings. We are home to the Newton Christian Youth Softball League (NCYSL) where hundreds of children and their families have fun in More...