This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Director
Bethlehem United Church of Christ
Evansville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 03/03/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
POSITION TITLE: CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP DIRECTOR
This position is based on a 15 to 20-hour week, beginning hourly rate of $17.00 per hour. Coordinate and support a contemporary Christian worship service on Saturday evenings and lead congregation and praise singing group during service. Create multi-media and computer software aspects of a contemporary Christian worship service. Coordinate rehearsals and accompaniment of music performance for the Saturday evening service (5:30 pm) and direct worshipers in a manner which employs music to enhance the worship experience. Recruit church members to engage in musical worship expression through vocal and instrumental expression and small singing groups.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Work closely with the Senior and Associate Pastor to improve and enhance the Saturday evening worship experience and provide opportunities for expression through musical participation.
• Coordinate all lay volunteers for contemporary worship service, to include ushers, greeters, and child care helpers.
• On a weekly basis, prepare worship media including scripture, lyrics and images to support the sermon and enhance worship using Media Shout or comparable software.
• Arrange and tune sound systems for soloists, musicians, and praise singers.
• Coordinate and direct group rehearsals for music and other elements of the weekly service (Saturday afternoons).
• Coordinate accompaniment and direct congregational singing and soloists or small ensembles (vocal or instrumental) during regular Saturday services.
• Be responsible for obtaining all substitutes for rehearsals or worship service when absent or on vacation.
• Understand and respect inclusive theology.
• Work with the Contemporary Worship Committee, the Senior Pastor, and the Associate Pastor to promote the Saturday service to the community.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and Executive Committee of the Bethlehem Church Council.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Ability to play the guitar to lead worship.
2. Computer skills with understanding of media software.
3. Working knowledge of sound system technology.
4. Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment, including ability to take and
give direction and share ideas.
5. Effective interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work with other staff and church membership to determine and effectively implement ways
to express the mood, intent, and movement of the worship service. Personal qualities which reflect positively on Bethlehem and its mission, such as integrity, honesty, dependability, understanding of Christian spiritual/theological issues, concern for others, warmth, courtesy, and commitment to expression of a personal Christian faith.
TIME AND COMPENSATION:
This is a salaried, part-time position, calling for approximately 15-20 hours a week. The Contemporary Worship Director will be expected to attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and spend such time as is necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate for the preparation of each service. The Contemporary Worship Director will be expected to spend adequate rehearsal time to provide a quality worship experience. If interested, please email resume to email@example.com or mail to:
ATTN Search Committee Chairman
6400 Oak Hill Road
Evansville, IN 47725