Job Title: Executive Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes outreach, arts, pastoral care, group life, student and children’s ministry areas as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and operations. He works closely with the Lead Pastor and is comfortable leading from the second position.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith.
- Proven expertise in administration and pastoral ministry.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating
relationship with church staff and church members.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning, and overall direction of church staff.
- Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s demographic, insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Responsible for performing and managing the Corporation’s accounting functions including budgeting, the recording of all financial transactions, and the financial interfacing with the various departments within the church and school.
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, contractor selection, and construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Credentials with Assemblies of God required
- Minimum of five years commensurate experience
- Directly reports and accountable to Lead Pastor
- Supervises and directs church staff
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within the church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Vice President of CoachingChurch Leader Insights with Nelson Searcy
- Boca Raton, Florida
- September 26
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
International Church Executive PastorTrinity International Church
- Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
- September 19