- Have a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and live a Christian life that is consistent with that commitment.
- Have a heart for worship and music, both personally and in leading others.
- Have knowledge of the fundamentals of music, have experience with both traditional and contemporary music, and be able to lead congregational singing and worship effectively in both styles. Ability to play a musical instrument would be very beneficial.
- Be able to learn and work with communications technology, including sound systems, stage lighting, and video projection.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with church staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the overall ministry of the church.
- Plan the music and other aspects of Sunday morning worship services, in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the Music Ministry Team.
- Plan other special worship services when requested, e.g. Missions Conference, Easter, Christmas Eve.
- Prepare and organize sheet music and song books for Worship Team and instrumentalists as necessary.
- Recruit, train, and schedule Worship Team and instrumentalists.
- Lead practices with the Worship Team and instrumentalists.
- Lead worship and singing at our regular worship services and other services when requested.
- Prepare slides for worship for the video projector and oversee proper implementation of stage lighting and all other multi-media components.
- Communicate worship plans with church Administrative Secretary as necessary.
- Communicate and work with the sound technicians and multi-media/lighting technicians.
- Serve as the leader of the Music Ministry Team.
- Along with the Music Ministry Team, develop and implement budget as approved.
- Ability to motivate and encourage volunteers in these areas of responsibility in the music ministry.
Accountable directly to the Senior Pastor and ultimately to the Church Council.
Hours, Salary, and Terms of Employment:
- Number of hours worked each week will vary depending on the needs of the moment. An anticipated and expected work week would be approximately 15-20 hours, but could exceed, depending on seasonal services.
- Schedule of work hours is somewhat flexible, depending on when people can meet for practices, planning, etc.
- Employment shall be for an indefinite term with an annual salary approved by the Church Council.
- Two weeks of paid time off annually, as requested/approved. Anything beyond two weeks of paid time off would be unpaid and need approval.
- It is the Worship Coordinator’s responsibility to arrange for suitable replacements during periods of absence
- There will be an initial 90 day review, and thereafter an annual or semi-annual review by the Senior Pastor and Personnel Ministry Team with input from the Music Ministry Team.
- A 30 day notice shall be required from either the Worship Coordinator or the Church Council to dissolve the employment relationship.