This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Associate/Teacher Preschool-Sundays
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 03/02/2009
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
I. JOB INFORMATION:
Job Title: Children's Associate
Department: Children & family Ministries
Reports To: Cord. Children & Family Ministries
Church: North Avenue Presbyterian Church
II. JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision and mentorship of the Cord. of Children and Family Ministries the individual in this position will be developed to become a leader in a preschool class.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
–Must sign and agree with employee handbook.
_Must submit to a criminal and financial background check.
–Vacation time must be submitted in writing at least one month prior to requested time.
-Assist the coordination and coverage of events during the year (VBS, camps, community outreach, baby dedication, children's baptism, fall festival, missions and others).
- Ensure that all details of events are appropriately calendared and communicated to the supporting departments.
- Assist with the implementation of Sunday School needs such as support, training, curriculum, snacks, cleanliness of classrooms, and maintaining organization of bins.
- Provide information to children and their families as assigned.
- Make contacts to visitors as assigned.
- Provide coverage for special events as planned.
- Work week includes Sunday morning or other mornings as agreed upon or requested.
- Sunday mornings arrive at 8:00* until 12:30**.
- Assist in set up on Sunday morning &/or other assigned days.
- Attend all meetings, retreats and conferences.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Subject to change ** or until children have been picked up
IV. CRITICAL SKILLS
-Extensive Education or Experience with children in a school or church setting is required.
- People skills
- Understanding of preschool & elementary age children (development)
- Passion for ministry with children
- Able to multi-task
No Phone Calls. Background check and drug testing is required.