I. Position Title: Pastor of Student Ministry
II. Reporting Relationship: The Pastor of Student Ministry reports directly to the Lead Pastor and works closely with the Director of Church Operations to implement his ministry initiatives in conjunction with the overall
strategy of the church.
III. Position Summary: The Pastor of Student Ministries provides spiritual leadership in all areas related to students in grades 6 through 12 and their families, along with oversight of the College-aged ministry while
upholding the “Statement of Faith” as outlined in the church constitution.
IV. Key Oversight Areas
- Cast vision, provide oversight and direction to all facets of Student Ministry and College-aged Ministry ;
- Provide leadership and direction to the Student Ministry Team in coordinating the weekly schedule that incorporates fellowship, worship, spiritual growth and active evangelism;
- Develop a long-term curriculum that exposes students to the Word of God in multiple ways in order to fully develop and enhance their spiritual walk while in the program;
- Develop and train a volunteer staff of parents and other adult workers to assume leadership roles in the ministry;
- Teach weekly Bible lesson or oversee lesson planning with another adult leader;
- Follow-up with leaders and parents to encourage and receive feedback;
- Meet with student leaders and disciple them in their spiritual growth;
- Plan and coordinate all activities, including communication, lesson planning and volunteer recruitment related to student events, retreats, summer trips and other community outreach events;
- Work closely with the Family Ministry Pastor on the coordination and implementation of activities associated with a weekly Family Night program; and
- Attend and/or participate in student-related community outreach events when requested.