Do you wake up everyday excited to share the love of Christ with children?
Are you a fun, energetic and passionate ministry leader?
Have you pictured yourself in a growing inter-generational church in the mid-west where every age group is valuable and contributes to one another?
Southland Community Church is looking for a Children's Ministry Director/Pastor to help us reach young families with the gospel and show children how to be growing followers of Jesus.
- At least two years of significant Children's Ministry leadership experience
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with the Orange children's ministry method/curriculum
- Bachlor's Degree or more in Children or Youth Ministry/Christian Education Preferred
- Undying love for children, their families and the work of the church
Greenwood, Indiana is a south side suburb of Indianapolis with approximately 50,000 people. There is a great sense of cooperative mission among many of the Christian congregations making up our community. Greenwood has tremendous schools. Southland is located in the Center Grove School District, a school system that is committed to academic excellence while working together with churches for the betterment of the entire community. Greenwood is a great place to live, raise a family, connect with others, build lasting friendships and is located well to reach the metropolitan Indianapolis area.
Southland Community Church is a 6 year-old intergenerational congregation committed to outreach and spiritiual growth through a combination of strategies. We focus on learning and applying the truths of the Bible to life and connecting the gospel through sharing the love of God with everyone we meet. We are an evangelical church in doctrine and practice.
Southland has a Preschool/Daycare called The Learning Zone that gives us the opportunity daily to connect with many young familes who are unaffiliated with any church or faith.
a. attend staff meetings
b. attend staff retreats
c. develop, propose and manage the Children’s Ministry budget
d. attend at least one Children’s Ministry Conference annually if one is
e. attend a bi-weekly meeting with the Senior Pastor for prayer and review
2. Ministry Responsibilities
The Children’s Director will develop a children’s ministry vision that contributes to the overall vision and mission of Southland Community Church, emphasizing “being and making growing followers of Jesus Christ.”
a. Weekend Nursery and Pre-School
1. Set up a system to recruit, train, do background checks and schedule
all Sunday morning nursery and pre-school workers
2. Keep all nursery supplies stocked and current
3. Develop a thematic design for nursery and pre-school rooms that is
attractive and practical
4. Implement a pre-school curriculum that teaches Bible content and
values a fun and high energy worship and learning environment
5. Maintain a check-in system that ensures safety and accuracy
b. Weekend Elementary
1. Set up a system to recruit, train, do background checks and schedule all
Sunday morning elementary workers
2. Keep all elementary supplies stocked and current
3. Develop a thematic design for elementary rooms that is attractive and practical
4. Implement an elementary curriculum that teaches Bible content and
values in a fun and high-energy worship and learning environment
5. Establish elementary class sizes to best facilitate age appropriate learning
6. Maintain a check-in system that ensures safety and accuracy
c. Check in all leaders and greet parents and children on Sunday mornings
d. Develop and implement a follow-up program for first time participants as well as those children absent for two weeks or more
e. Develop and implement a summer Vacation Bible School program
f. Develop and implement a children’s discipleship ministry on Sunday
nights focused on Bible learning
g. Develop and implement supplemental programs for outreach, evangelism,
discipleship, relationship building and family connection.
h. Develop and implement church-wide outreach programs for families
i. Develop and implement an elementary summer day camp in conjunction
with The Learning Zone Pre-school and Daycare
j. Be responsible for the spiritual and emotional care of families with
k. Develop and implement a bridge-building outreach strategy with The
Learning Zone Director for Learning Zone families
l. Other Duties as determined after consultation with the Senior Pastor
If you are qualified and have prayed about the possibility of joining an exciting staff with a church that wants to make a difference in our community and our world, attach and forward your resume.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20