Administrative Assistant to Children’s Ministry / Preschool
Bringing up children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry at Grace Baptist Church. The Administrative Assistant to Children / Preschool provides organizational assistance for the Children’s Ministry by working with the Children’s Pastor and various ministry coordinators to support the overall ministry area.
Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Key Results Area
The Administrative Assistant to Children’s Ministry / Preschool has the satisfaction of knowing they are contributing to the spiritual growth of children in Grace Baptist Church; serving as a member of the children’s ministry team for the on-going development of a cohesive ministry; to effectively partner with and equip the families of Grace Baptist Church.
- Assist the Children’s Pastor in planning and administrating all weekly and annual children’s ministries such as: Sunday mornings, Wednesday Night, Large Group/Drama ministry, training meetings, summer camp, Summer Spectacular, Kidz Night Out, and any other Children’s Ministry event.
- Obtain, organize and prep resources and material for the Preschool Ministry weekly environments.
- Incorporate detailed processes and/or systems to manage resources and materials used in the weekly Preschool Ministry programming.
- Coordinate and provide adequate support for Sunday Morning/Wednesday night programming.
Description of Duties
- Continually review Children’s Ministry policies and procedures and work with the entire team to implement improvements.
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and curriculum for use within all areas of the Preschool Ministry.
- Assist in the day-to-day purchase order and requisition process for the Preschool Ministry budget.
- Coordinate the organization of resource material needed to equip all Preschool Ministry team members.
- Handle visitor tracking and assimilation for Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming.
- Maintain church database leader information.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and participation of the annual kids camp event and all other summer programming as planned
- Attend and participate in all on-site and off-site children’s ministry events, overnights such as: conferences, camps, and lock-ins.
- Enlist and evaluate all workers needed in the nursery/preschool division. This includes providing training opportunities for workers in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4: 11-12
- Select all materials, curriculums, and resources to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths. To remain up-to-date on all new facilities
- Stay on the cutting edge of these ministry areas by attending training and growing events
- Lead and conduct worship for our preschool worship (Happy Town)
- Observe leaders in their ministry roles and provide regular feedback and encouragement.
- Send Birthday and Encouragement cards to nursery / preschool leadership.
- Coordinate Preschool Ministry volunteer appreciation initiative with other coordinators.
- Coordinate registration and communication process for Parent/Child Dedication services.
- Coordinate the monthly registration and resources for Kidz Night Out.
- Work in and own specific parts of Children’s Ministry special events including, but not limited to: Kidz Night Out, Summer Spectacular and any other family event.
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to ensure all background checks are up-to-date and scheduled for re-check every two years.
- Operate a personal computer and other related equipment as appropriate.
- Communicate safety and evacuation plan to volunteers throughout the year.
- Coordination of the annual kids camp event.
- This position will require full-time status as outlined in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual of Grace Baptist Church
We Want – Must Haves
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience
- A member of Grace Baptist Church
- Committed to the core values of the church
- Committed to Biblical tithing (a minimum of 10% of gross income)
- A demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive confidential church information
- A heart, passion and love for children in the department, particularly of those birth through 5th grade
- Ability to relate well to children, teachers, volunteers and parents
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Excellent organizational, creative and administrative skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Supportive of other church staff and volunteers
- Regularly attend one of the Sunday morning Grace Baptist Church services as well as priority events
- A positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – a “people” person
- Ability to enable and empower others to carry out the work of the department and be supportive of their efforts
- Able to perform services independently, without direct supervision, as well as work cohesively within a team environment
- Good awareness of office equipment and methods
- Proficient in Windows based software
- Proper English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary skills
- Knowledge of and experience normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or job training that qualifies for the position
We Want – Like to Have
- Three to five year work history within a church environment of 2,000 or more worshippers to foster a complete understanding of the requirements of working within a children’s ministry area.
- College education with desire to seek additional training through conferences, networking and seminars.
- Possess one or more of the following gifts: Administration, Serving and Helps
Physical, Environmental and Mental Requirements
- Talking – expressing ideas by means of the spoken word to convey instructions to children / parents / staff accurately, loudly or quickly
- Hearing – ability to perceive sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Standing and walking for sustained periods of time – moving about on foot for monitoring children
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling –occasional lifting between 30 – 50 pounds
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers
- Close visual acuity required for viewing a computer monitor, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and reading
- Environment is primarily indoors but may experience outside events / activities. Intermittent outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
- Taxing environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
We are seeking a person who loves serving in the church; has a heart, passion and love for children and is willing to become involved in the lives and ministry of children and their parents. This person will have proven experience in the areas of children’s ministry and will partner with all team members to ensure efficiency.
How to Apply
- Read the Job Description and summary statement listed above. Make sure you fit that description.
- Sign the statements that are part of the Grace Baptist Church Application: Application Agreement, Statement of Ethics, Statement of Faith and Confidentiality Statement.
- Email your completed application, signed documents and resume to Sandy Emery, HR Director, at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter outlining your experience. We will acknowledge receipt of your information by email within one day of receipt.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
Director of Ministry AdministrationPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Church Business AdministratorPrivate Profile
- Coral Gables, Florida
- September 23
Church Business Manager/CONTROLLERNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- September 22
Grace Baptist Church
Grace Christian Academy has grown rapidly and continues to meet the needs of its students with excellence. With a high priority on technological advancements and an atmosphere conducive to learning, students can thrive academically, socially, and spiritually. Our students are challenged to engage in critical thinking skills that will last far beyond adolescence, and have multiple opportunities in the areas of fine arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities. With weekly chapel services and spiritual emphasis events, students are equipped More...