Director of Children’s Ministries
The purpose of this position is to fulfill our Church’s desire to share the love of God with children and families who are a part of our congregation and school.
Status: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: PC(USA) Board of Pensions ($17,500)
Vacation: See Personnel Manual
- Support for the mission of First Miami to make disciples of Jesus Christ and a visible joy and passion for personally following Christ.
- A love for children and families and a desire to work with families to share God’s love and truth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to build and disciple teams of people, and a desire to work on a leadership team.
- Report directly to the Pastor/Head of Staff
- Teach our Christian Education curriculum to our older students at Key Point Academy and occasionally teach Chapel. This also includes overseeing our Assistant Children’s Ministries Director.
- Organize and run a Children’s Sunday School during our Sunday worship services.
- Organize regular events for children and families outside of Sunday morning and Key Point Academy including, but not limited to, MOPS, Bible studies, parenting groups, and special events.
- Organize a yearly summer Vacation Bible School.