The mission of Horizon Church is to win disciples to Jesus Christ, train disciples to reach others, and send disciples to impact the world. The purpose of a Lead Pastor in Horizon church is to cast vision to support this mission, preach the word, and develop
a staff to organize the work of the Church.
Essential Job Functions:
* The Lead Pastor for Horizon church provides vision, strategy, direction, and training to involve the membership in reaching new people for Christ. The Lead Pastor must provide leadership in answering the question: “How will we win this city for Christ?”
* Organize and oversee pastoral care to the church such as officiating weddings, funerals, marriage counseling, life advice, baptisms, and visiting the sick, with a view toward raising up Elders to oversee the role of shepherding of the church. The Lead
Pastor should be knowledgeable of, and able to recommend, programs such as chemical recovery, grief and divorce care, financial peace, and teen challenges when appropriate.
* Take responsibility for the preaching and teaching schedule. The Lead Pastor is responsible for planning and preaching Sunday and mid-week lessons designed to grow the church physically and spiritually. As a vital part of the church, the Pastor should
also keep aware of personal training/growth opportunities that may be appropriate to attend.
* Recruit and develop the church staff. Design and implement a formal strategy for developing church leadership. Recruiting reliable leadership to fill these positions.
Character & Competency:
* The Lead Pastor is to be the principle example of a Disciple of Jesus Christ.
* Maintain a consistent personal walk with God.
* Reflects the Core Values of Horizon church.
* Value personal integrity in all areas of life.
* Relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships.
* Devotes adequate time to preaching and teaching.
* A ministerial degree is preferred but not required.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org