The Creative Arts & Media Director is responsible to the Campus Pastor for providing leadership to and developing the media & communication experience of the church. We’re looking for someone who can champion our vision, who’s a story teller and someone who inspires our congregation with engaging stories and promotional pieces. They will oversee the overall communication of the church with a good grasp of the right medium to use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, video etc.). We are looking for someone who can inspire and inform our people with written and video pieces. This position needs someone who is an innovator and passionate about the various ways to communicate.
We’re looking for someone confident with helping evaluate and develop a communication strategy from the ground up. A primary responsibility will be to inspire and inform our congregation, in engaging ways, of the vision and direction of the church both with written pieces and video pieces. The Creative Arts & Media Director will be expected to be creative in content creation, a storyteller, on the cutting edge with social media and able to manage the communication of a large church.
This is an entry level position with a salary range of $23,000-$25,000
1. Oversees and directs all public and staff driven communication.
2. Creates beautiful and engaging content for social media and other communication avenues.
3. Ability to create structure in the communication process for our teams that is simple and clear.
4. Maintains weekly handout (including curating content, developing content, editing and proofing)
5. Leads a video storytelling team sharing inspiration, celebration and testimonies of life change
6. Works with staff in writing scripts for weekly video announcements.
7. Maintains and manages website communication with inspiring and creative media which focuses highly on story telling, life change and inspiration.
8. Oversees all analytics as related to the website, social media and media (video etc.)
9. Oversees and leads a Social Media strategy which develops content for all ministries, manages the analytics of social media and stays current with a communication style which reaches our community.
10. Writes communication pieces for digital and mail distribution.
11. Oversees all copyrights licenses and provides guidance to stay within compliance.
12. Oversees a team of media story tellers (videographers, photographers and writers)
13. Consistently using video to share stories of life change, celebration and inspiration
14. Works weekly on editing and posting of videos and other media driven communication pieces.
15. Works with local press and media to develop a solid working relationship to help drive communication to our community.
16. A champion of our ministries and passionate about teaming with them to communicate effectively.
1. Experience leading an innovative communications team
2. Able to manage multiple projects in a deadline heavy environment
3. Excellent grammar and spelling skills with the ability to proof and edit
4. Solid skills writing for social media, online communications, blog and other publications
5. Solid skill set with video, photography and creative communication
6. Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
7. Proficient in Adobe Premier
8. Knowledge of Word Press
9. A detailed person able to plan and organize a large media & communication strategy
10. Ability to lead and inspire a team of creative communicators
11. Strong communication skills which inspire, teach and motivate others.
12. Agrees with and follows fundamental biblical truths found in Gateway Branson’s statement of faith
13. A team player willing to take on other tasks as necessary within their gifting and job scope
- Is organized by using calendars, reminders and daily/weekly task lists
- Can promote and inspire the ethic of serving in our church
- Highly relational, organized, excellent written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google software.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Live out Staff Values:
1) Stay connected with God by His spirit throughout the day; engages in regular spiritual practices to maintain that connection and grow in relationship with God.
2) Focuses on serving both the internal and external Church Body with excellence.
3) Works at a pace that is life giving; prioritizes and organizes tasks and work schedule in order to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
4) Participating in and doing life with authentic community; has people in their life that consistently hold them accountable.
5) Demonstrates unwavering ethics, and respect and consideration for individuals.
6) Works to create an environment characterized by trust and openness, quality and professionalism, honesty and reliability.
7) Shows initiative by looking for ways to do the job better/more efficiently and contributes to process improvement; demonstrates an openness to change and trying new ideas with flexibility and a focus on the staff and church body as a whole.
8) As part of their lifestyle, building into the lives of 3-12 people, empowering them to become future disciples and leaders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical Arts DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5
Technical Director AssistantAbundant Life
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- December 5
Graphic DesignerLife Church
- Germantown, Wisconsin
- December 5
Gateway Branson Church
Gateway Branson is all about helping unchurched people become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ followers. Everyone is welcome at Gateway regardless of what you think about church, God or religion. You don’t have to dress up, just come as you are. Gateway Branson Internet Campus is a place where God meets people who are far from perfect. This church is for people who really don’t like church. This is a safe place for skeptics and doubters to ask their questions. We know lots of people have been burned by church e More...