Job Description for the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
Role Summary: The Primary function of the associate pastor will be to lead and shepherd the student ministries. The secondary role will be providing leadership and support to the Lead Pastor and Board of Elders in achieving goals and overall mission/vision of the church.
Mission: For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12)
Vision: To reconcile all things to Christ through the Gospel (Colossians 1:19-20)
- Must meet the qualifications of an elders as stated in Titus 1:5-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry experience/training preferred.
- This person must also show a motivated desire to model a life of continual learning, growth, repentance, and being a faithful follower of Christ by the grace of God.
- Must be in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith and the PEFC Constitution and By-Laws.
Required Competencies and Skills
Leadership skills that reflect servant-leader values, that engenders trust among staff and members with whom he regularly works. Strong interpersonal skills that enable him to provide guidance to staff and comfort to members and attenders seeking spiritual support, particularly in times of critical need. Staff management skills that position him as their leader, mentor, and coach--the person to whom they will look for direction in their area of ministry and for direct and timely feedback on their effectiveness. Organization and administrative skills to manage the breadth of ministries under his direction and to maintain clear direction for those he is leading. Having a high capacity to provide faithful expository communication of the Word and a demonstrated passion for its truth.
A. Student Ministries: Developing, casting vision for, implementing and overseeing ministry strategies and programming for Junior High and High School students.
- Recruiting, training and shepherding a volunteer team.
- Living life together with students and families.
- Teaching regularly, but not exclusively, within the ministry.
- Develop and manage the student ministries budget and expenses.
B. Church Leadership: Assisting, developing, implementing and overseeing ministry strategies agreed upon based on the convictions and lead of the Board of Elders.
Shared hospital visits and pastoral counseling responsibilities.
- Shared hospital visits and pastoral counseling responsibilities.
- Preaching in the Sunday worship services.
- Teaching classes and or leading a small group.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Full-Time: Total compensation based on education and experience.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- P.T.O as described in the PEFC Employee Handbook
*All applicants interested in applying for this position can email their resumes to Princetonfreechurch@gmail.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Princeton Evangelical Free Church
What you can expect to find here at PEFC are friendly people, music and sermons that point to Jesus, and a community of people that desire to be about more than entertainment but growing together in Christ in order that we could be a part of what God wants to do in us, our community, and the rest of the world around us! More...