The associate pastor of worship arts and youth of Cornerstone Community Church (Cornerstone) will serve in a pastoral role which includes occasional teaching, equipping, counseling and other pastoral duties. The responsibilities will focus
primarily on all facets of worship arts, programming and youth ministries. The successful candidate will help us create an environment where people without a church home would feel comfortable and welcomed, in order to help them encounter God, perhaps for
the first time. He or she will also have responsibilities in the areas of spiritual formation, discipleship and outreach of our youth ministry (CORE).
Worship Arts (approximately 50%)
- Work closely with the pastoral staff to program and produce weekend services.
- Develop and oversee a programming team to enhance the congregation’s worship experience through drama, video and other creative outlets.
- Oversee the worship team as a leader, shepherd and creative consultant. Share weekend service worship leadership with volunteer leaders.
- Train and equip volunteers who will lead worship services and other events.
- Provide support and oversight for the media and sound team. Assist with equipment assessment and acquisition as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling musicians, purchasing music, purchasing drama scripts and maintaining a worship music catalog.
Youth Ministry (approximately 35%)
- Provide support and oversight for the CORE.
- Lead and equip a team of adult volunteers to accomplish the goals and purposes of the ministry.
- Grow the ministry through evangelistic outreach and by creating a welcoming environment for students and their friends.
Other Responsibilities (approximately 15%)
- Maintain a personal spiritual formation plan.
- Maintain a personal leadership development plan, setting attainable goals and benchmarks to grow in leadership skills.
- Attend all Cornerstone leadership team meetings and retreats.
- Occasional teaching of weekend messages, pastoral counseling, leadership development and other pastoral duties as time and needs permit.
- Be a member of the Cornerstone overseer team.
- Additional pastoral assignments as determined in cooperation with the senior pastor.
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Display the biblical characteristics of a church leader, as specified in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, have a teachable spirit and healthy family life.
- Be in agreement with Cornerstone’s statement of faith and become a member of the church.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in ministry. Music or youth focus preferred.
- Have demonstrated experience in leading musical worship and student ministries.
- Experience with presentation software.
Please send a cover letter and resume to our search team at email@example.com
Salary commensurate with education and experience.