This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship
Calvary Evangelical Free Church
Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 02/28/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Pastor of Worship
Position Objective: to provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Calvary Church.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Committed to moral purity and a healthy relationship with his wife and family.
- Meets the qualifications for elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4) and possesses a shepherd's heart. Neither he nor his wife has been divorced.
- Doctrinal position that is complimentary to Calvary Church.
- Appropriate college or seminary level music and ministry training.
- Successful experience as a full-time worship pastor
- Demonstrates Godly character, humility and servanthood.
- A pastor first, then a musician
- Leads worship by worshiping
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates ability to teach
A True Worshiper Who Can Lead Others
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship
- Able to effectively lead congregational singing; creatively employ essential elements of Biblical worship (Scripture reading, prayer, etc.); and incorporate other art forms as appropriate
- Able to lead contemporary and blended traditional musical styles with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse musical genres
- Able to involve, equip, and release gifted musicians and leaders
- Seeks excellence and flow in the structure of each service under the Spirit’s direction
Musically Skillful The ideal candidate will be…
- Proficient in leading worship and rehearsals
- Able to compose, transpose and arrange as needed
- Competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Comfortable with the use of technology in worship and competent in sound, lighting, computers, PowerPoint and video projection.
Position description: The worship pastor shall be the “producer” of each service and special program. Although the pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor shall oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses.
- The worship pastor shall ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. He will oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Create a vision for worship that promotes unity, spiritual maturity and passion for God.
- Plan and lead creative Sunday morning worship services in conjunction with the preaching pastor.
- Oversee technical and media support for worship services (sound, lighting, video projection)
- Provide pastoral care and leadership for the music ministry
- Develop and oversee all vocal, instrumental and drama groups including recruiting, conducting, rehearsing, and programming.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.