Heritage Village Church Call for Pastor
Heritage Village Church, a Bible-believing, nondenominational Church, is seeking a full-time pastor. We are a fellowship of Christians who desire to understand and practice the Word of God. We meet at the Senior Center located in the beautiful private
community of The Village of Heritage Ranch, Paso Robles, California, (www.hroa.us) along the southern shoreline of Lake Nacimiento. We have an average attendance of approximately thirty worshippers. Although the majority of attendees
are seniors, all are welcome to worship. Jr. Church is also provided for children. The goal of our church is to meet needs of people by developing a ministry that is Bible-centered, Christ-centered and people-centered, one which will allow every person the
opportunity to know and grow in Jesus Christ and be equipped to serve Him. The pastor of our congregation shall be properly ordained and one who accepts and adheres to the
Confession of Faith of this congregation (listed below), and whose life and conduct are above reproach—a person whose soundness in the faith, aptness to teach, and educational qualifications have been examined and approved by the Church Board of Directors.
Confession of Faith as set forth in the Heritage Village church Bylaws
1. This congregation individually and collectively confesses Christ as Lord of the Church.
2. This congregation professes Jesus Christ as the second person of the trinity and the Son of God
3. This congregation holds that the Gospel is the revelation of God's sovereign will and saving grace
through Jesus Christ.
4. This congregation acknowledges the Holy Scriptures as the norm for the faith and life of the Church.
5. This congregation accepts the Apostle's and Nicene Creeds as true declarations of the faith of the church.
6. This congregation affirms that the Gospel, transmitted by the Holy Scriptures as 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
to which the creeds and confessions bear witness, is a treasure of the Church, the substance of its
proclamation, and the basis of its unity and continuity.
Essential Functions: The Heritage Village Church pastor duties are listed below.
- Preach the Word, administer the Sacraments, and conduct public worship consistent with the faith and practices of the Church.
- Care for the people individually and as a congregation, give instructions, baptize by immersion
(in the name of the Triune God), marry in accordance with the teachings our church, visit the sick and distressed, and bury the dead.
- Encourage piety in individual and family life and supervise all schools and auxiliary organizations of the congregation.
- Install regularly elected members of the Board of Directors.
- Seek out and encourage qualified persons to prepare for the ministry of Gospel and strive to extend the Kingdom of God in the community, in the homeland and abroad.
- Encourage the stewardship of the congregation in terms of time, talent and treasure.
- The pastor shall prepare and deliver a comprehensive report to the congregation at the annual congregational meeting.
- Maintain contact with the various missions/missionaries supported by the church.
- Teach weekly Bible studies.
- Perform other pastoral related functions.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000-40,000 (includes housing, social security/pension) plus mileage at government rates; one week off with pay for continuing education; and two weeks paid vacation.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example combinations
include a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry (a master’s degree is desirable); an ordained minister with one year of experience as a church pastor which includes presiding at weddings and funerals, visitation, baptism, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The pastor must have leadership skills to inspire and motivate; possess good written and oral communication skills; ability to administer and organize church
development to cast and develop a vision for church growth; attend quarterly board of director meetings and other special meetings; attend church social and community events; pass a background check which includes reference checks.
Special Requirements: Personal qualities consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Musical aptitude is desired.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit resumes and a CD or DVD of your most recent sermon to: Heritage Village Church, P.O. Box 2478, Paso Robles,
CA 93447 or by email to Heritage Village Church Pulpit Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Resumes
and CD/DVDs will be reviewed by the pulpit committee and qualified candidates may be invited to be a guest speaker at our church.