POSITION PROFILE: STUDENT MINISTRY WORSHIP LEADER
DESCRIPTION: The Student Ministry Worship Leader will provide leadership for the First Baptist Church Student Praise Band that plays for The Gathering (student worship & Bible study) on Wednesday nights, both in developing leaders and musicians,
and in leading vocally and instrumentally.
RANGE OF DATES: This position is for September 2015 through December 2015, with the possibility of extension through May 2016.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION: $100/week
DUTIES: The primary duties of the Student Ministry Worship Leader are as follows (but are not limited to) –
- Selecting songs for worship based, as much as possible, around the theme of the current series and/or the main idea and passage of the upcoming sermon/Bible Study
- Leading the Student Band’s instrumentalists and vocalists in preparation for the night’s worship set at worship rehearsal (generally held at 4:30pm on Wednesday afternoons, while worship service is from 6:30-7:30, and FBCJ will provide dinner).
- Being lead vocalist and instrumentalist for Student Band
- Determine if extra practices are needed and hold such practices as necessary.
- Identify potential new instrumentalists/vocalists and enlist them into band participation
- Coordinate with FBCJ Worship Pastor and Student Pastor regularly to determine and collaborate on ideas for worship/creative elements
- Be a positive spiritual influence on all FBCJ teenagers
QUALIFICATIONS: We hold strongly to the belief that the teenagers God has entrusted to us are a tremendous blessing and responsibility, and, as such, it is our duty to partner with their parents to provide them the best spiritual growth
opportunities possible. We have a lot of fun, but we also take the word of God very seriously. As such, we are looking for a man or woman who meets the following criteria –
- Ever-growing love for Jesus and willingness to share about Him openly.
- High view of Scripture as the infallible Word of God.
- Enjoys the ups and downs of working with teenagers!
- Can lead a band of both vocalists and instrumentalists in both a rehearsal and worship service setting.
- Has knowledge of or is willing to learn Planning Center Online.
- Can play lead, acoustic, and/or electric guitar or piano/keyboard.
- Great sense of humor who loves to laugh.
- Willing to submit to a background check.
- Has reliable transportation to and from FBC Justin.
- Likes a “team” environment where collaboration is the norm.
- Has no problem affirming the Baptist Faith & Message, 2000 edition.
- Is humble, teachable, and a natural leader.
If you feel like the above position profile is a good fit for your passions, callings, and beliefs, please submit a resume and cover letter to Scottlan Stewart, Interim Worship Pastor (Scottlan@fbcjustin.org) and Shawn Finney, Lead Student Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Links to video or audio of you leading worship would be extremely helpful, as would be references.