Mercy Road Church is a 3.5 year old church on the north side of Indianapolis, Indiana. The church was started with many unchurched and new Christians and now is a thriving church of 500+. We currently own and are renovating a 24,000 sq. ft. former Borders Bookstore in Carmel, Indiana to use as a long-term worship space.
Mercy Road believes no one is too far from God to experience life-change through Jesus Christ! We believe the church should be a hospital for sinners and not a museum for saints. The right person for this position will likely be overqualified, but be excited about a new move of God in the state of Indiana! Applicants must have a pioneering mindset and a team mentality.
Our long-term vision is to plant future churches and campuses throughout the state of Indiana. We are currently forming a network for church planting, solely focusing on the state of Indiana. For more information on our vision and values, please check us out online at http://www.mercyroad.cc.
If all this excites you and you want to risk everything to be a part of something bigger than yourself that genuinely sees an entire state changed for Christ, please read the job description below and apply!
Job Title: Next-Gen Pastor/Director
Status: Full-time or Part-time
Supervisor Title: Family Ministry Pastor and/or Lead Pastor
Primary Responsibilities: Mercy Students (6th-12th Grade)
1. Identify, invite, train, and empower leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
2. Serve as a primary student leader and communicator for the church.
3. During the week invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective way possible.
4. Schedule, book and follow up with supplemental student communicators in your absence.
5. Oversee Mercy Students worship services, including sound, lights and video through volunteers for both Middle School and High School.
6. Act as the primary organizer of student Outposts and Huddles for Middle and High School students.
7. Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the worship services, outposts, and huddles for students.
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings and communicate well with other staff members as a part of a team.
9. See Mercy Students as a part of Family Ministry and the greater mission of Mercy Road Church.
Secondary Responsibilities: REMIX (18-35)
- 1. Oversee and lead the volunteer teams for REMIX our young adult ministry.
- 2. Oversee REMIX worship services, including sound, lights and video through volunteers.
- 3. Work with Outpost and Huddle leaders
- 4. Connect with young adults throughout the week and invest in their lives.
- 5. Hold integrity standards when working with young members of the opposite sex.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
2. Join a discipleship huddle led by either the Family Ministry Pastor or Lead Pastor.
3. Be loyal to the vision and staff of Mercy Road Church and always protect the unity of the church.
4. Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and join God’s movement through Mercy Road Church.
We are a team, modeling community for our church. We’ll celebrate each other’s victories, pray for each other, and treat each other with respect. We’ll do life together.
Professionalism and Excellence
We value each other’s privacy and schedules in the office and in the home. People will know where we are during the day, what time we’ll be in and what time we will leave. We will do the things that matter most first, and not overlook the important for the urgent. We will do what we say we will do and be on time and prepared for meetings.
We can accomplish more together than we can individually. We are not a federation of sub-ministries and realize that we all have a part in the overall vision of the church. We will communicate with each other and collaborate with each other. We will respect each other’s roles and positions.
Fun and Authenticate Atmosphere
Ministry is hard, but rewarding. Our team values making our working environments as fun and authenticate as possible. We like to laugh together and cry together. If you’re looking for a place to make ministry a business, you’re in the wrong church! We lean into drama and are in it for the long haul, not ministry that’s productive in the short-term and burns out our staff and leadership!
We will meet with God every day. We will cheat the ministry and the church before we cheat God and our families. We will work hard so we can honor our days off. We never take our staff hat off and realize that people are always watching.
Retreat and Relax
We will take vacation time and will complete a vacation request for to do so. Everyone needs a break and you’ll commit to resting well, so you can be fully engaged when you are working!
People matter more than programs, buildings and budgets, but not more than principles and purpose. We will get back with people within 24 hours when they call or e-mail us. We will close the loop on communication.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Mercy Road Church
Mercy Road is a new church on the north side of Indianapolis challenging generations to leave a legacy of extreme faith in Jesus Christ with their lives. We have a HUGE vision that encompasses an entire state. We intend to start many churches throughout the state of Indiana that bring hope to the burdened, broken, and indifferent. We’re looking for others with the same passion for life-changing experiences to join with us in seeing countless people rise from their spiritual graves. Our hope is whether a person is a Christian or not, th More...