Job Title: Senior Pastor
Reports to: Elders
Position Status: Preferably full time but would consider part time
Description of Church: Cross Timbers Church was formed in 1977 and at present has an approximately 35-40 in regular attendance. The church is an independent Charismatic Church with an Elder Board and Deacon Board for leadership. The area is basically
a rural area but since it is within one hour of Dallas and Fort Worth it is in an area that is rapidly growing.
Purpose of the Pastor: The role of pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The pastor will have a firm understanding of the purpose, vision, and direction of the church and compliment the character of the body.
The pastor shall use his skills in administrative leadership, engaging in pastoral care of the body to meet the needs of the persons in the church and community. He shall proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and assist the Elders in leading the body into
a deeper walk with our Lord.
- Set a standard of personal behavior to the standard described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Provide administrative leadership for all church programs
- Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and conduct a meaningful worship services
- Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church, community and world.
- Visit members regularly and lead the congregation into developing relationships within the body and with the community.
- Visit prospective members
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc.
- Perform weddings and funerals
- Work with elders, deacons, youth pastor and committees in performing responsibilities.
- Serve as a representative of the church for community and civic matters
- Serve as a leader in leading the congregation in soul winning. Plan and promote evangelistic activities
- Serve with the elder board.
- Follow the church constitution.
- Meet with area fellowship of churches on a regular basis
- Compensation to be negotiated but intends to be fair and in line with standards.