The Production Manager has overall responsibility for leading the sound, video, lighting, and media production functions of The Potter’s House Church Denver (TPHD) across entire campus. A key strength needs to be the ability to develop and manage others, as the Production Mangers will lead teams of people to perform these functions. This role is a ministry position and it’s important that the applicant be an active and growing follower of Jesus.
Services and Events
- Ensure Sunday morning and Wednesday night experience is technically excellent.
- Set processes in place to ensure excellent operation of audio, lighting, and media equipment by volunteers.
- Set a culture of excellence and constant improvement.
- Serve as proponent for new technology and resources that will improve the worship experience.
- Troubleshoot problems and teach others to do the same. Work to minimize the risk of systems failures.
- Fill roles such as Front of House audio and direct video as needed.
- Regularly work with vendors to provide additional equipment and services for special events.
- Work closely with Church Producer in all aspects of service and event planning and implementation.
- Provide support to associate pastors, worship pastors, and staff in the production of services and special events.
- Train staff on operational processes and equipment in order to maintain a consistent and excellent experience across campus.
- Regularly review the planning calendar and communicate the need for information or clarification to staff.
- Supervise and develop the part time technical staff.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff and planning meetings.
Development of Best Practices – Processes
- For every role, develop and maintain a standard operating process that will be used for training and ensure consistent excellence when the process is followed.
- For every role, develop a checklist of important steps that is easy for volunteers or staff to refer to as they serve during services.
- Develop ongoing strategies for constant improvement for the excellence of the weekly service experience.
Manage Volunteer Teams
- Co-responsible for process to recruit, train, and schedule tech team volunteers. Recruit volunteers (there are also church-wide initiatives to recruit volunteers).
- Provide strong leadership and technical oversight for volunteers.
- Develop leaders who can effectively oversee campus technical teams and troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Train volunteers on operational processes and equipment in order to maintain a consistent and excellent experience across campus.
- Proactively provide opportunities for team members to connect with the church and with each other as a part of our assimilation process.
- Champion the culture of TPHD with team members and others.
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all audio/video/lighting/media production equipment.
- Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of all equipment.
- Train and equip both staff and volunteers to ensure successful operation of equipment in various settings.
- Assess current and future technology needs and prepare acquisition strategies.
- Oversee the process of set-up, tear-down, and storage of equipment on a weekly basis.
- Put measures in place to ensure that equipment and supplies are secured against damage, loss, or theft.
- Preform regular preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment as well as maintain and organize storage areas of technical department.
Future Church Growth
- Provide technical leadership and training during the development of new church campuses, and provide ongoing training and advice once campuses are grounded. Campus technical needs will be the responsibility of the campus pastor’s staff, but they will often require your input.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with audio/video/lighting/production
- Experience leading larger staff or volunteers
- Engaged and actively in pursuit of your God given talents and abilities
- A strong passion for church technical production and church growth through technical arts
- Live in accordance with biblical principles and profess Jesus Christ as Lord
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media DirectorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Technical DirectorVale Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- September 29
Video Communications AssistantFirst Baptist Church Arlington
- Arlington, Texas
- September 28
Technical DirectorAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- September 27
Technical DirectorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- September 27
The Potter's House Church of Denver
The Potter's House of Denver is a non-denominational church, located in Southeast Denver, easily accessible between Interstates 25 and 225. Recently established on March 1, 2010 under the Pastorate of Dr. Chris Hill, The Potter's House of Denver is one of Colorado's largest and most ethnically diverse congregations. It has a fairly equal balance between men and women, married and singles, young and old. More...