If you are interested in this position, pray about it and then send your resume and cover letter to
Santa Clarita is one of the largest cities in Los Angeles Country, one of the safest large cities in California, 35 miles from downtown LA, and home to Six Flags Magic Mountain. But it is also full of people who are burdened, confused, and lost without
Jesus. Heart of the Canyons Church has been a light for the Lord in this community for 25 years. Two years ago we made some changes to refocus on the health of our church, and we are blessed to end this fiscal year with a surplus. We are seeing God at work
and we are excited to grow and get healthier under His direction. To that end, our Associate Pastor has been overseeing the Children's Ministry since 2013 and we want him to transition his focus to other ministries, so we are hiring a part-time Children's
Ministry Director who can lead the ministry and grow the position into a full-time responsibility.
To oversee and administrate our Children’s Ministry (birth-6th grade) on Sunday mornings, mid-week meetings, and at special events; ensuring sound and effective Bible teaching, care for families, safety for children, and support for volunteers.
This is a 20 hours per-week position. With the right candidate, we are open to calling this a pastoral position. The salary is $15-20,000 depending on experience, education, and gifting.
- Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Doctrinal alignment with Heart of the Canyons Church.
- At least two years of significant experience in a Children’s Ministry.
- Pass background check.
- Meet Biblical standards of church leadership character (Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Provide an effective leadership model for the congregation in order to encourage spiritual growth, God-pleasing stewardship, and an evangelistic spirit.
- Keep all items confidential.
- Be active in and supportive of the overall mission and vision of HOTC.
- This position shall be directly accountable to the Associate Pastor.
- There shall be an annual performance evaluation by the Senior Pastor.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings called by staff.
- Serve with a smile.
- Maintain a safe environment for children.
- Ensure that the Bible is being taught well within the Children’s Ministry.
- Recruit, encourage, and train ministry volunteers.
- Openly and promptly communicate with other staff and ministry leaders.
- Follow the systems and policies of our church.
- Consult with your supervisor before making ministry changes.
- Pursue ongoing training opportunities.
- Make sure the ministry is warm and welcoming to visitors.
- Ensure that all ministry classrooms have an appropriate number of adult volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteers are on-time and well-prepared, including teachers, assistants, set-up/tear-down crew, and worship volunteers.
- Uphold the Children’s Ministry policies.
- Schedule at least two ministry meetings per calendar year.
- Meet with your supervisor once every quarter.
- Make sure the classroom supplies are fully stocked.
- Oversee some ministry outreach like a summer VBS program.
- Reach out to families who haven’t been to church in a while.