CHURCH: RiverWind Church
6288 South Vann Rd.
Newburgh, IN 47630
POSITION: Associate Pastor of Student Ministries (aka Next Generations Pastor)
STATUS: Position is for a 6-9 month paid internship (may consider full time/part time employment)
HOURS: Flexible from 24 hours weekly up to a full time position
BENEFITS: Housing allowance plus salary compensation package equivalent to $30,080 annually
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
OVERVIEW OF OPPORTUNITY:
RiverWind Church is in search of a dynamic individual/couple to lead our growing student ministry. The ideal candidate(s) will connect well with children, youth, and their families; and will have the primary responsibility to multiply young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to student ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The successful candidate must be outreach-focused, able to offer life-shaping Biblical lessons, and serve as a Christian counselor when needed. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with high character and possess an obvious passion for student ministries.
Ministry responsibilities include, but are not limited to: ensuring the weekly planning and execution of youth activities/events/programs. The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries will also contribute to the programs and plans for the entire church family. He will be expected to support the regular services of the church and encourage the youth to do likewise as they grow in the likeness of Christ.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries will be primarily responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12). In addition, the Associate Pastor candidate should plan to lead Children’s Church during Sunday’s worship service at least 2 Sunday’s each month. This includes leadership of all weekly programs, oversight of the volunteer serving rotation, and supervision of periodic special events.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor, will provide the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries with ongoing evaluations and mentoring throughout the candidate’s term. Successful candidate will be responsible and subject to doctrine informed by the Southern Baptist Faith and Message, as well as church policies, Senior Pastor leadership, and Elder guidance.
The primary task of this position will be to:
- love students where they are
- encourage students in developing their relationship to God
- provide students with opportunities for nurture and growth
- challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- create a fun and challenging environment for students to grow together in theif faith
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Be aware of resources for developing youth ministry programming and actively participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with students in all aspects of student ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to student ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to students and student ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit children’s church teachers (K-5) in partnership with the Senior Pastor.
- Work to effectively reach students in the community and develop a strategic outreach plan.
- Keep records of student participation and manage the student ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, bulletin board, etc.) Ensure communication with staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that a Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
Must embrace Christian discipline and agree with Southern Baptist doctrine and theology.
A bachelor’s degree is a requirement for this position; seminary training and previous ministry experience preferred. Seminary students in their Senior year may also be considered.
Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of RiverWind Church. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Must be able to plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for students. Successful candidate must also be able to perform baptism services, weddings between one man and one woman only, officiate funerals, etc. as related to the needs of the church. Finally, Associate Pastor of Student Ministries should also plan to supply preaching relief to Senior Pastor, as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates who meet the criteria mentioned above and have prayerfully considered submitting a resume along with a personal testimony can do so by sending to the address listed below. This process will close on or before October 15, 2015. Candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please ensure all relevant contact information is included in your resume. More information about RiverWind Church can be found at www.riverwindchurch.org.
SEND RESUMES TO: RiverWind Church, 6288 South Vann Road, Newburgh, IN 47630
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21