First Baptist Church Frisco is a growing church reaching out to the people of Frisco, TX and surrounding cities. The church is looking for a highly-motivated Part-Time Financial Assistant to work in the Finance Department.
Position Summary: The Financial Assistant will handle various tasks in the Finance Department as directed by Director of Accounting/HR. This position requires that the individual be available during scheduled working hours to
receive deposits from ministries, process petty cash requests and checks, and be available to assist staff as needed.
Skills/Experience: BS in Accounting and accounting experience is required. This individual must possess working knowledge of debit/credits in order to properly record transactions. Position requires working knowledge of the Microsoft
Office products, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook. Administrative and organization skills and attention to detail are a must for this position.
Requirements: Individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and detailed oriented and be able to communicate effectively with patience. This individual should have a passion for good stewardship and accuracy.
General Responsibilities of the Financial Assistant:
- Oversee preparation and accuracy of deposits and record entries
- Record member contributions and review annual contribution statements for accuracy
- Provide contribution analysis for Executive Pastor and Finance Committee
- Set up counting room and assist volunteers as needed
- Manage accounts payable system, which entails processing of checks and ACH payments
- Maintain vendor file, including accuracy of each vendor’s W9 form.
- Prepare 1099s for vendors
- Maintain credit cards for ministries
- Assist in the processing of payroll and maintenance of employee files
- Assist in the processing and maintenance of employee benefits.
- Issue and maintain postage/copier codes and record cost distribution
- Record monthly expense allocations
- Maintain petty cash fund
Monday through Thursday – 8:00 – 4:30 (lunch 12:00 – 1:00)
Commensurate based on experience - $20hr - $25/hr
Vacation/Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
If interested in this position, please apply online at FBCFrisco.org