Adult Discipleship – Men’s Life Group Director
August -, 2015
The Men’s Life Group Director is a key leadership role with primary responsibility for ensuring that adult discipleship opportunities are made available to men at Elmbrook. This role will lead in providing spiritual growth, community life, and ministry on-ramps, to offer every Elmbrook man the opportunity to become a fully devoted follower of Christ. The Men’s Life Group Director works in collaboration with the Director of Campus Life Groups, Pastor of Adult Discipleship and Hub Directors to facilitate cohesive coordination and implementation of ideas, planning, programming, and decisions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Active participant or member of Elmbrook church.
- Endorse and support Elmbrook statement of faith, vision and core values.
- A desire to grow, seeking relationships, resources and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth.
- Model servant leadership by attitude and practice.
- A gifted builder who can recruit, train and deploy leaders.
- Previous ministry participation and experience.
- Desire to build positive and healthy relationships with other staff.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively within the Adult Hub and as a liaison to other Hubs and Operational Services teams.
- Strong leadership, relational, organizational, technical, project management and decision making skills.
- Qualities of diplomacy and discernment.
- Work closely with the Hub Directors and Pastors to facilitate a cohesive approach to adult discipleship.
- Facilitate weekly programming and teaching for ministry to men.
- Responsible for building ministry and event leadership teams.
- Provide strategic planning and direction for working with volunteer teams.
- Recruit, coach, train and equip men to lead.
- Provide direction and priorities for adult discipleship ministry to men.
- Utilize and work in partnership with Leadership Development initiatives to develop core leader requirements.
- Facilitate service opportunities within the Adult hub.
- Evaluate effectiveness of adult discipleship programs and initiatives for men.
- Reinforce culture where life change is expected and planned for, providing on-going growth opportunities.
- Provide integrated and cohesive communications to Elmbrook adults.
- Coach ministry intern, delegating tasks, leadership responsibilities, to provide a broad ministry experience.
- Provide pastoral counsel and shepherding of Elmbrook adults, particularly the men of Elmbrook.
- Participate in on-call rotation on weekdays, evenings, and weekends (at least once monthly).
- Integrate planning, schedule and programming with broader church calendar and rhythms of platform emphasis and communications.
- Reproduce your role in the lives of other key leaders.
- Work with No Regrets Conference coordinator and team to produce the annual No Regrets Men’s Conference (Elmbrook Site), as an event and service opportunity for Elmbrook Men. Coordinate efforts with the No Regrets Men’s Ministry event team, who, who are responsible for taking the conference nationally to Host Sites.
- Facilitate on-ramps (events) and connect (Life Group) spiritual growth opportunities for men.
- Assist in development of Tuesday Night Life programming.
Full-Time Exempt Position
Salary – dependant on experience, skills & education
Medical - eligibility for all benefits associated with full-time employment, including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Employee Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if employees are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are January 1st and July 1st. On an employee’s first anniversary Elmbrook will match up to 5%.
Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
Pastor of Adult Discipleship - Steve Sonderman
777 S. Barker Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18