Start Date: Fall 2015/Flexible
Job Description: Responsible for the development and execution of the vision and strategy for all programs, activities and educational components of Kids’ Connection, ensure the Gospel is clearly and creatively presented so that kids are reached for Christ.
Work Schedule: 20 hours Reports To: Lead Pastor
Spiritual Gift(s): Leadership, Teaching, Service, Administration
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred.
- Have a passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in their faith.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values and statement of faith of Connections Church.
- Proven experience in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- Ability to lead and influence volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
Overview of Job Duties
Provide leadership of Kids’ Connection:
- Develop and implement the vision for the children’s ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Servant Leadership Board.
- Champion the value of reaching kids for Christ.
- Set direction and train Kids’ Connection volunteers.
- Provide pastoral care and encouragement to Kids’ Connection volunteers.
- Develop processes necessary for effective Kids’ Connection operations (i.e. check-in)
- Responsible for ministry budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with Kids’ Connection.
- Develop and implement safety and security processes in cooperation with the church’s existing plan.
- Coordinate special events for children/families as needed.
- Communications such as: birthday cards to children, follow-up with new parents and those not seen for a while, create informational flyers for parents, volunteers.
- Volunteers: Create monthly volunteer schedule, welcome and train new volunteers, ensure all volunteers have passed a background check.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20