Calvary Fellowship is searching for a full-time, experienced Family Life Pastor to lead our Children and Youth ministries and Pastoral Care. The Family Life Pastor will serve the church by developing and administering comprehensive standards and curriculum
and programming that are in line with the purpose and vision of Calvary Fellowship. In addition, this person will coordinate pastoral care resources for the curch and provide pastoral care to the congregation through the oversight and coordination of caring
ministries of the church and provide leadership to and supervision of staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry. Additional responsiblities include organizing and systemizing the church’s Home Fellowship program including training small group
leaders and promoting the campaign each semester that home fellowships are offered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Hire and/or manage Children and Youth Directors.
- Develop strategies and programs for Children and Youth ministries that enhance the mission and vision of Calvary Fellowship.
- Develop strategies and program materials to support and educate parents based on weekly curriculum.
- Communicate and impart these strategies and programs to volunteers, students and parents.
- Direct and equip the volunteer staff for Children and Youth ministries.
- Develop annual ministry goals and participate in an on-going team development within Children and Youth ministries.
- Meet regularly with family ministries staff striving toward a unified and seamless ministry and an overall scope and sequence of Biblical understanding and spiritual development.
- Own responsibility for such activities that are designed to minister specifically to parents or families as a whole.
- Supervise family ministries staff including goal setting, evaluations and compliance with standards and policies established by the lead pastor.
- Coordinate biblical counseling resources for congregants and refer those with deeper needs or those requiring long term counseling to the appropriate counseling center.
- Implement marriage preparation course. Develop and coordinate a ministry for marriage and family growth, including classes for marriage preparation and enrichment.
- Supervise and direct the work of the pastoral care ministries, including Helping Hands, Prayer Team, Discipleship, etc.
- Coordinate and perform other ministerial duties as assigned including services, marriages and funerals.
Home Fellowship Groups
- Recruits and trains Home Fellowship Leaders.
- Recruits and coordinates host home locations.
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of group sign-up information.
- Vets books and topics to be used in the group discussion.
- Guards and casts vision to leaders and group members.
- Works with administrative support for all necessary printing needs.
Administration & Planning
- Communicate all aspect of Children and Youth ministries to volunteer staff, students, parents and the congregation in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain teams in each of the following areas: Sunday Morning classes, weekly Youth Group, Special Events.
- Prepare and manage Children and Youth ministries budget.
- Coordinate ministry plans with Children, Youth and Family mission and values.
- Adhere to all church policies and procedures and ensure that volunteers are in compliance with guidelines for the ministry.
Teaching & Training
- Work with Serving Coordinator and Calvary Kids Director to recruit and equip all Calvary Kids and Youth ministry volunteers and student ambassadors.
- Be available and equipped to teach at program level (Calvary Kids, Youth Group, etc.) as well as develop volunteer teachers.
- Participate in training and networking teams.
- Be a key resource person in the area of outreach events for Calvary Kids and Youth ministries.
Other Ministerial Responsibilities
- Provide care and discipleship to Calvary Kids and Youth ministry volunteers, students and their families.
- Perform ministerial skills such as follow-up, assimilation and counseling.
- Spiritual maturity exhibited through the love of people, service to others, an active prayer life and a strong knowledge of the Bible.
- Daily dedication to increasing knowledge of Jesus Christ and deepening spiritual walk as evidenced by continuous study and active learning.
- Evidence of experience, skills, and giftedness, which can provide the basis for successfully achieving the purpose of the position.
- Has been called to the ministry, specifically to children, youth and families.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years in Children’s ministry, Youth ministry or related field.
- Evidence of workplace habits in prior employment demonstrating:
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Ability to initiate and implement a plan of action
Industriousness in use of time and resources
Position is full-time, salaried, 40 hours minimum. Sunday hours required. Benefits package included.
Send cover letter and resume and references to :
c/o Calvary Fellowship
1245 Farmington Ave. #202
West Hartford, CT 06107
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE