Topeka Baptist Church is a growing, contemporary, evangelistic church. TBC began in 1998 with 4 couples and has grown to average of 600 weekly attenders. Through our 3 core principles of connect, grow and serve, we seek to meet the needs of everyone in the
church body while striving to reach the next generation.
Job Description Proposal for Worship Pastor
To assist the Senior Pastor in the care of the members of Topeka Baptist Church.
Reports to: Senior Pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of Senior Pastor, plan, coordinate, and implement all worship services each week
- Lead worship for all weekly and special services utilizing volunteer praise band members and singers
- Oversee and organize praise team through scheduling, rehearsals, musical training and discipleship
- Oversee the planning and organization of special worship services (i.e. Christmas Eve, Easter, ect)
- Organize and schedule all vocalists, musicians, sound technicians, lighting technicians, and computer technicians on a weekly basis
- Oversee purchase of all needed music, equipment and instruments, as well as all related resources
- Manage and operate within yearly department budget
- Attend weekly staff meetings for Bible devotions, prayer, planning, direction and support
- Participate in pastoral responsibilities including, hospital visitation, funerals, counseling, discipleship, etc.
- Passionate about the vision of Topeka Baptist Church, which is to see people connect, grow, serve within the body of Christ
- Skilled at reading music, understanding and arranging voices and instrumentation for various music styles
- Able to coordinate a growing worship ministry at multiple age levels
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in music and/or Bible preferred
- Experienced in church music ministry
- Understanding of church culture and leadership