The position of Director of Youth Ministries is established to augment the efforts of parents of youth to raise them in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. He will do this by overseeing the Youth ministries at CCBFC, maintaining close communication
with the parents of the youth, and by providing a positive role model, teaching and leadership for our youth. He shall be committed to both nurturing and discipling believing middle school and high school students who attend CCBFC as well as reaching out to
those who need to be introduced to Christ.
- He shall report to and be accountable to the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries & Discipleship
- He shall ultimately report to and be accountable to the Board of Elders.
- He shall be a co-laborer with each of the other church and pastoral staff.
- The leaders of all youth groups and ministries shall report to him.
- He shall be seen by our youth as a role model, teacher, counselor, and in some cases, mentor.
- He shall be seen by the parents of youth as a resource person, encourager, and helper to them in their role as parents.
- He shall be understood by the community as being a member of our pastoral and managerial staff.
- Ensure that our youth programs are consistent with our vision and goals.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with the parents of the youth and with the youth of our church.
- Coordinate all youth programs in such a way that they augment and help the elders in their shepherding tasks.
- Be available to help the pastors with preaching, teaching, counseling, visitation, weddings, funerals, Lord’s Supper, and Baptism, as appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure that all policies and procedures related to youth ministries are employed.
- Oversee the recruitment, development, evaluation, and involvement of a team of adult youth leaders.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement curriculum used for the teaching of our youth.
- Plan, schedule, oversee and participate in the youth program events. (e.g. outreach, conferences, retreats, missions trips, etc.)
- Oversee and supervise the leaders of the various youth ministries, currently including:
- High School Youth Group
- Middle School Youth Group
- Girl’s Quest
- Christian Service Brigade - Battalion
- Middle School Sunday School
- High School Sunday School
- Ensure that worship in music is held at weekly youth meetings
- Serve as a role model for the youth and provide counseling, teaching, and discipling for the youth as appropriate.
- Participate in denominational youth ministries as time permits.
- Prepare and present a proposed annual Youth Ministries budget to the Board of Elders and be responsible for keeping expenditures within the final, approved budget.