About Faith Community Church
Our mission at Faith is to make apprentices of Christ who love God and neighbor, proclaim the kingdom, and restore lives. We believe that God calls us to an ongoing commitment to make apprentices of Christ who are grown to maturity. We envision
our church as a fellowship of people who, while at various stages in their faith journey, are united by a common vision of putting on the character of Christ. We commit ourselves to prayer and reliance on the Holy Spirit to move and to guide as we seek to
fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20.
To accomplish the calling that God has given to the church, we envision a clear path of discipleship, whereby people are taught the necessity of surrender to Christ and are challenged to take on greater levels of commitment to Him. We desire that this path
will provide nurture for the young believer and challenge for the more mature. It is our hope that a commitment to discipleship will be at the heart of our identity as a community, and that it will be regularly communicated to both attendees and visitors.
We believe this new staff position is crucial in helping us to realize this vision. We are seeking applicants who believe in our mission and, especially, who exhibit a passion for making disciples through worship and youth ministries. We believe both ministries
offer significant formative opportunities for those who participate, and we hope to find an applicant who can help think creatively in these areas in order to minster to every part of the person. We are excited to expand our staff and to see what God has in
This is a part time position (20-25 hrs./week) with competitive salary.
Responsibilities in Worship Ministry (70%)
A. Lead the Worship Planning Team
- Plan weekly services as celebrations of and participation in the saving work of Jesus and his presence within the community of faith;
- Schedule regular meetings of the team;
- Lead all aspects of the meetings.
B. Lead the Worship Team
- Organize teams for weekly services;
- Identify and ensure we are properly utilizing people’s gifts and passions in the congregation;
- Develop a comprehensive way of thinking about worship sets, song selection, and guidance of the congregation during the service.
C. Serve on the Worship Team
- Serve regularly on the worship team, providing vocals, instrument(s), and leadership throughout the service.
D. Weekly Meeting with the Pastoral Staff
Responsibilities in Youth Ministry (30%)
A. Lead the Youth Program
- Build a volunteer network of emotionally and spiritually healthy persons eager to pour into the youth of the church;
- Organize and schedule for weekly teaching series;
- Organize and schedule for quarterly relationship-building events;
- Organize and schedule for quarterly parent equipping sessions.
B. Serve on the Youth Volunteer Team
- Serve on the teaching team each quarter;
- Plan and facilitate relationship-building events.
C. Weekly Meeting with the Pastoral Staff
Ongoing Leadership Development
A. Practice the Rule of Living shared by the elder board;
B. Integrate books, articles, and other kinds of training in spiritual formation, youth ministry, worship ministry, and leadership.
A. Exhibit an abiding commitment to Jesus, seeking to know him more each day and to grow into his character.
B. Candidates should affirm the core doctrines of historic Christianity.
Please send a resume and cover letter (and any other relevant materials the applicant would like to include) to email@example.com.