Director Qualifications & Responsibilities
(A) A director is responsible for the general management of the facility, including and not limited to the following duties:
1. Administering and planning of the facility’s program objectives and activities
2. Designating a staff person who is responsible in the director’s absence
3. Coordinating and planning daily activities with the group supervisors or with the assistant group supervisors.
4. Written evaluation of staff persons on a regular basis, a minimum of one evaluation every 12 months and after 90 days for new employees.
5. Scheduling of staff members for work in all classrooms on a weekly basis.
6. Accounting of entire facility including, but not limited to: weekly billing, accounts paid and accounts received of all child accounts, fundraising, business accounts, delinquent account recovery, payroll, Tuition Express accounts, deposits, Keystone STARS
grant moneys, CCIS accounts, vacation credit, year-end tax statements, etc.
7. Maintaining both staff and child files to remain current on all state regulations.
8. Maintain accurate and current information of Procare system
9. Oversee state certification process including and not limited to yearly Department of Human Services site review; civil rights compliance: health department; grant writing; township staff and student attendance; yearly review and update of emergency plan
and evacuation procedures,
10. Advertising: center’s promotion, enrollment, hiring, etc.
11. Schedule teacher trainings and organizing of in-service days
12. Overseeing, plan and administer staff meetings on 3rd Tuesday of every month.
13. Administrate and document quarterly center-wide fire drills
14. Hiring, interviewing, training, discipline and firing of all staff
15. Oversee summer camp program: staffing, promotion, advertisement, accounting and mentoring of employees
16. Review and update of both staff and parent Handbook: vision and mission statement, policy updates, procedures, etc.
17. Report attendance to CCIS and maintain all CCIS accounts
18. Formulate monthly reports for Trinity Board on past-due accounts, enrollment, and staffing.
19. Oversee staff benefits, personal and vacation days
20. Keep the center website up to date and current
21. Purchase classroom materials, paper products, cleaning materials
22. Report facility maintenance issues to Trinity’s pastor; Cleaning and maintenance of childcare facility
23. Conduct facility tours and oversee admissions.
24. Plan ever-changing classroom enrollment; distribute transition letters for new classrooms, communicate with staff and parents
25. Organize, communicated and document both staff and child vacations
26. Oversee the spiritual climate of the facility with both staff and students. Conduct weekly chapels for students, devotions for staff, etc.
27. Maintain healthy staff and employee moral; staff appreciation
28. Maintain center security system: provide all authorized persons with an access code to locked doors and to Procare. Remove all unauthorized individuals from such systems. Oversee overall function of security cameras and door locking system.
29. Plan, organize, and administer fundraising events: i.e. yard sale, art show, silent auction, book sale, etc.
30. Maintain rapport with all parents; address any staff or parent concerns
31. Assure facility and center is current on all requirements for Keystone STARS program; set in place the required items to obtain further star recognition with Keystone STARS. Update STARS documentation on monthly basis, meet on regular basis with STARS county
representative; community STARS information with staff
(B) A director shall have attained one of the following qualification levels:
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children.
2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children.
3. An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children.
4. An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children.
(C) A director shall be employed by the facility and be present at the facility site a minimum of 30 hours per week.
(D) A director shall be of such character that he or she lives a lifestyle that is morally and ethically appropriate and is consistent with the beliefs and doctrine of the governing corporation, Trinity Assembly of God.
(E) A director must be at least 18 years of age.
(F) A director must have their own transportation