Gainesville UMC, a rapidly growing church in one of the fastest growing areas of the Mid-Atlantic, is seeking a part-time Youth Pastor to help continue building our student ministry.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for connecting with students and helping them grow in their faith walks. We are looking for someone with energy and a genuine desire to relate to and support our students.
The youth pastor position is slated for approximately 20 hours per week – pay will be commensurate with experience/education.
– Ensure that first-time visitors and ALL students are welcomed enthusiastically in Christian love and that all students feel welcome at all times.
– Lead our MS & HS LifeGroups – to include planning out weekly meetings, activities, games, as well as being in relationship with our students and adult counselors.
– In cooperation with our Associate Pastor, develop the overall planning of GUMC’s Student Ministries, also in coordination with the Youth Advisory Council (YAC).
– Regularly encourage and help students walk in their faith, including participation in prayer, Bible studies, worship, leadership development, etc.
– Plan out the activities of the Student Ministries.
– Fully participate in all of our special events, including retreats, summer mission trip, fundraisers, etc.
– Identify and recruit adult volunteers for Sunday night meetings, and special trips.
The Youth Pastor will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your current resume, cover letter, and references by email to our Associate Pastor, Sean Gundry, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Youth Pastor" in the subject line. For more information, you can contact Pastor Sean at the above email
or call the church office at 703.754.4511