Gainesville UMC, a rapidly growing church in one of the fastest growing areas of the Mid-Atlantic, is seeking a part-time Contemporary Worship Leader to continue growing our praise band and contemporary worship service.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading authentic worship and will have demonstrated not only exceptional musical talent, but also Christian leadership skills. Our worship leader is not only a band leader, but is a spiritual leader of the praise
This position is slated for 20 hours per week - the pay/salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- Ability to lead an experienced praise band in authentic Christian worship.
- Ability to lead productive, efficient and thorough rehearsals.
- Be able to lead with strong vocals - the ability to lead while playing an instrument is a plus.
- Strong understanding of contemporary music.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience participating in contemporary worship groups; previous praise team leadership is a plus.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to formulate and implement a vision for the continued growth of our contemporary worship service.
- Responsible for leading worship at all contemporary services (Weekly at 9:30am, other special services as planned).
- Plan and develop all weekly rehearsals and other activities as scheduled.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship - this includes breaking through the wall that can develop between the stage and the congregation.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and development activities.
- Be open to the growth of the position as well as shifting/growing of responsibilities as the praise team ministry continues to develop.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, references and a video sample of your skills (actual worship service videos preferred) by email to email@example.com with “Worship Leader Position” in the subject line.