I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The High School Pastor is responsible to work with parents for the spiritual development of all students in the High School Ministry. The High School Pastor is responsible for the vision, execution, and spiritual growth of Bay Life’s High School students,
ministry, and it’s associated activities, missions, and programs. The High School pastor must be a Biblically grounded and Spiritually responsible individual whose charisma, innovation, and creativity is more than sufficient to engage and challenge High School
students and foster growth of the ministry spiritually and numerically.
II. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate daily, as a man of one wife, that marriage and family are a priority.
- Develop, integrate, and communicate overall vision of the High School Ministry (HSM)
- Plan, coordinate, and execute annual budget requirements for HSM
- Plan and execute weekly worship services for HSM
- Plan, budget, and execute annual camps, retreats, and mission trips for HSM
- Oversee and supervise life groups, discipleship, and spiritual development for HSM students
- Develop discipleship process for HSM
- Pastor, mentor, and counsel all High school students and other students as needed.
- Engage students at Bay Life that are not connected into HSM to get involved
- Inspire and equip students in HSM to engage others with the gospel.
- Recruit, train, grow, and direct a High School ministry volunteers and build a volunteer leadership core team. Oversee and develop High School Ministry volunteers.
- Partner, Plan, and coordinate with Missions and Communications Teams to support development, preparation, and execution of Student Missions Events and Fund-raisers
III. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Attend Pastoral Staff meetings as required
- Support and attend “all-church” and “all-staff” activities
- Assist the Lead Pastor as directed
- When scheduled, serve as Pastor on-call
- Pray, and lead prayer for, High School Ministry on a regular basis
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as directed by Executive Pastor
IV. . ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Works With: Pastoral Team, Family, Communications, Life Groups, and Events Ministries
- Reports To: Executive Pastor
V. EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required - Theology, Divinity, or Christian Education degrees preferred
- Awarded or working towards a Master’s Degree in Divinity, Theology, or Christian Ministry
- Five (or more) years of experience in Student Ministry leadership (as Pastor or assistant pastor)
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with exhibited talent towards communicating with High School aged students
Find out more about Bay Life at baylife.org